Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

VickiM 01-15-2016 06:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I got 4 donation scrappy quilts finished this week...the puzzle one is cotton 2 1/2" squares (a bit tricky to use as a L/E, but I did it!); the other 3 are all flannel (most of the flannel was donated to me & mixed in some of my own). Along with that sports one I posted already, they will all go to our local fire station for donation. They were all L/E quilts from the last couple of years. I always have L/E quilts going, seldom break thread. Before you know it, you have used lots of scraps & you have another quilt top done. Happy I could finally get these finished from the "folded top" pile, ready for new homes!
Love the finishes shown already; partial to the pink/teal one.
My goal is to get some tablerunners finished up next.

tkhooper 01-15-2016 07:24 PM

terr I have the same black and white zigzag fabric in my star flower quilt. Small world isn't it. Congrats to everyone on their finishes. I'm still squaring and sewing rows. Hope to get the rows finished tomorrow. Hope springs eternal around here.

tkhooper 01-16-2016 05:15 AM

Rows one and half of two are done and Rows one, two, and three are squared up. It's progress!

Janice McC 01-16-2016 05:21 AM

Congratulations, VickiM on FOUR finishes! Great use of scraps (I'm a scrappy gal myself) and using Leaders/Enders can really increase production. Great job! Toot, Toot!!!!

l

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 7435057)
I got 4 donation scrappy quilts finished this week...the puzzle one is cotton 2 1/2" squares (a bit tricky to use as a L/E, but I did it!); the other 3 are all flannel (most of the flannel was donated to me & mixed in some of my own). Along with that sports one I posted already, they will all go to our local fire station for donation. They were all L/E quilts from the last couple of years. I always have L/E quilts going, seldom break thread. Before you know it, you have used lots of scraps & you have another quilt top done. Happy I could finally get these finished from the "folded top" pile, ready for new homes!
Love the finishes shown already; partial to the pink/teal one.
My goal is to get some tablerunners finished up next.

Janice McC 01-16-2016 05:40 AM

One row at a time! It'll be done before you know it.

Originally Posted by tkhooper (Post 7435247)
Rows one and half of two are done and Rows one, two, and three are squared up. It's progress!

equigle5 01-16-2016 05:56 AM

Well I found fabric to bind my baby quilt I posted on the 12th. Hoped to bind that day but got called into work so now I won't be able to finish until Monday or Tuesday. But I'll post when done so I can get my "Woot Woot". Looking forward to it.

QltrSue 01-16-2016 07:04 AM

All the finishes look so good! Terrain: your grey and yellow bricks are so sharp.
Silliness: The pink and teal large prints real give your quilt action!
VickiM: Just love the puzzle quilt. Is that a pattern or did you design? Very fun to search the fabrics . And the flannels are just so cozy. Four fine finishes!

Well, I have been working steadily on my UFOs. Been sewing borders on and piecing backings. Have to set up the basting tables today and get going pinning, so I can get to quilting. Hope to make lots of progress on this cold and snowy New England day. Happy sewing, Everyone .

MadQuilter 01-16-2016 12:14 PM

All your finishes are great and the are wonderful inspirations for me to work on mine. I'm with tkhooper right now - one row at a time.

I started tutoring a dear friend and yesterday she finished her first top. I guess I can claim a bit of that too. lol

phranny 01-16-2016 12:29 PM

Nice finished quilts! That's a good feeling. Hopefully soon I will be able to post two wall hangings I am working on simultaneously, one for a friend, and one for me. On to the binding stage today.

tkhooper 01-16-2016 02:40 PM

after getting with my quilt club mentor I have to renege on the table runner. I need to pull out the quilting and try again. This time working from the center out. Aw shucks.