Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

Marcy P 01-19-2016 01:07 PM

I feel like I'm late to the party, but I know I have at least a dozen UFOs in the works that I would love to finish up!

Anoka Quilter 01-19-2016 01:15 PM

Welcome Marcy P, nothing wrong with being fashionably late. Good luck on finishing some of those UFO's.

tkhooper 01-19-2016 01:35 PM

Your not late until December 31, 2016 lol. You have motivated me...back to the star flower.

Janice McC 01-19-2016 02:33 PM

Exactly right, TK. Anyone can join at any time. It's never too late to work on your UFOs. WELCOME Marcy P!

QltrSue, thanks for the info. I think the scrappy hand-tied one will be next once I finish the Courthouse Step lap quilt I'm finishing up now. I put the first side of the binding on this afternoon. It's not as nice as I'd like but I'll live with it. Done will be better than perfect. It will take me several hours to hand stitch the back side of the binding so I should have a pic in a few days.

Originally Posted by tkhooper (Post 7438787)
Your not late until December 31, 2016 lol. You have motivated me...back to the star flower.

SandyinZ4 01-19-2016 08:42 PM

Janice, we all look forward to seeing your latest finish. All of you who have finished a UFO are to be admired by me! I am slowly working on hand-quilting the UFO baby quilt. I thought I would be done by end of January but like one of you who mentioned a few posts ago..I think it is looking more like end of February..but I am plugging away. Love how so many new folks are hopping on board and Janice, you are Engineer Extraordinaire!!!

Janice McC 01-20-2016 07:24 AM

Wildyard, with both you and sandy watching, I'd BETTER BE on my toes. :)

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 7437682)
...Janice I so appreciate the job you are doing as I was engineer a couple years ago. It was a fun job and I loved doing it but it does keep you on your toes. Hugs and smiles and thank you for keeping our train rolling this year!!!

Janice McC 01-20-2016 07:26 AM

Geez, such praise! May. I strive to earn it all year long!

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 7439159)
... Love how so many new folks are hopping on board and Janice, you are Engineer Extraordinaire!!!

Anoka Quilter 01-20-2016 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished this fun little table runner on Sunday, January 17th.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540689[/ATTACH]

Bunny Table Runner – Pattern by Terri Atkinson / Waffletime
This project was started in March of 2008. I found the fun Bunny fabric while attending the Fox Valley Sewing Expo in Oshkosh, WI. What I thought would be a fun and quick table runner for my spring table took me almost eight years to complete. This was one of those project where I just had to finish the binding. I am looking forward to using this during the springtime season this year.

Anoka Quilter 01-20-2016 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also finished a small Wall Handing on Monday, January 18th.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540690[/ATTACH]
Halloween Night – Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Sept/Oct 2005 This project has many first. This is the first applique piece I ever did and is also the very first FMQ piece I ever did. My MIL and I went on this yearly retreat at Camp TaPaWingo in Mishicot, WI that was sponsored by the Lake Shore Quilters quilt guild. When I received my Sept/Oct 2005 issue of Fons and Porter I immediately fell in love with Halloween Night. I was already registered for the quilting retreat and asked my MIL to help me learn applique and made the main body of this piece that weekend. It sat dormant till April of 2014 when I decided to use the piece to practice FMQ of a stipple pattern on the Handi Quilter. I had never done any type of FMQ and just bought the Handi Quilter in December of 2013 and had a client quilt that I had no option but to hand FMQ the stipple. Once again this cute little piece sat dormant till I finished the binding. But now it is done, and I will proudly display my piece of firsts.

Janice McC 01-20-2016 02:03 PM

Toot! Toot! Great Job, Anoka Quilter. Both are long term UFOs so they are extra special. I especially like your Halloween night! Congratulations!

Let's hear it for AQ!

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 7439833)
I also finished a small Wall Handing on Monday, January 18th.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540690[/ATTACH]
Halloween Night – Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Sept/Oct 2005 This project has many first. This is the first applique piece I ever did and is also the very first FMQ piece I ever did. My MIL and I went on this yearly retreat at Camp TaPaWingo in Mishicot, WI that was sponsored by the Lake Shore Quilters quilt guild. When I received my Sept/Oct 2005 issue of Fons and Porter I immediately fell in love with Halloween Night. I was already registered for the quilting retreat and asked my MIL to help me learn applique and made the main body of this piece that weekend. It sat dormant till April of 2014 when I decided to use the piece to practice FMQ of a stipple pattern on the Handi Quilter. I had never done any type of FMQ and just bought the Handi Quilter in December of 2013 and had a client quilt that I had no option but to hand FMQ the stipple. Once again this cute little piece sat dormant till I finished the binding. But now it is done, and I will proudly display my piece of firsts.