Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

Fraew 01-20-2016 02:56 PM

Toot toot Anoka! Congratulations on the finishes. Very cute.

joe'smom 01-20-2016 03:21 PM

I'm popping in to this thread for the first time and have lots of reading to catch up on, but would love to join in. My problem is, I can't sit for very long at one time, so my quilting progresses much more slowly than my piecing. I have lots of tops patiently waiting to be quilted!

Janice McC 01-20-2016 03:45 PM

Welcome joesmom! Jump aboard! It's never too late to join nor is there a race to finish UFOs. Just pick one up and work on it when you can. As long as you are working on it, it WILL get done. :)

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7439963)
I'm popping in to this thread for the first time and have lots of reading to catch up on, but would love to join in. My problem is, I can't sit for very long at one time, so my quilting progresses much more slowly than my piecing. I have lots of tops patiently waiting to be quilted!

wildyard 01-20-2016 04:18 PM

Anoka I love your border on the tablerunner! Hope you don't mind if I steal it or make something similar. It looks so nice even tho it doesn't seem too complicated, and that's always good for me. LOL

Janice-- I assure you we are not watching to see how you are doing the job!! We already know the train is in good hands and we are happily quilting away without a care. :)

equigle5 01-20-2016 04:41 PM

I sandwiched two UFOs. I'll start working on quilting one in a bit. Feels good to have them sandwiched and ready to go.

sewbizgirl 01-20-2016 07:24 PM

Great finishes, AnokaQuilter! I just love that bunny fabric.

sewbizgirl 01-20-2016 07:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I finally have two finishes to show. Today I quilted and bound these donation quilts. I made three of the Maple Island Big Blocks quilt tops for charity-- here is one of them finished. I made the I Spy top in the New Year's day mystery quiltalong at Quiltbug.com. Both are done! Yay...

Anoka Quilter 01-20-2016 10:35 PM

Great finishes Sewbizgirl....It is nice seeing bigger projects completed vs the small ones that I have been doing.

Anoka Quilter 01-20-2016 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 7439994)
Anoka I love your border on the tablerunner! Hope you don't mind if I steal it or make something similar. It looks so nice even tho it doesn't seem too complicated, and that's always good for me. LOL

Not my design, you have Terry Atkinson to thank for that pattern. It is still one of my favorites for focal fabrics to this day.

Janice McC 01-21-2016 02:42 AM

Lovely finishes, sewbizgirl. Are these UFOs or are they new? Let me know so I can add them to the tally if they are UFOs. Thanks!

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7440130)
Well I finally have two finishes to show. Today I quilted and bound these donation quilts. I made three of the Maple Island Big Blocks quilt tops for charity-- here is one of them finished. I made the I Spy top in the New Year's day mystery quiltalong at Quiltbug.com. Both are done! Yay...