Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

SandyinZ4 01-31-2016 05:47 PM

Rob, your projects are very interesting. I can't see how you attach the threads, especially the black ones. Do you use an overcast stitch? Just curious..but that are cool looking. Glojean..what fun you must have had making all the quilts. I look forward to seeing several completed ones from you this year. :-) Notice I am giving you lots of leeway to make more. :-) Martina, I have no clue as to what a zentangle is ( I suppose I should look it up) but whatever, it seems to be interesting so look forward to your pictures. Just as an aside that has nothing to do with this thread...I have been working on Wild and Goosey PP blocks and have found that when I get to the outer edge of the block, a scrap triangle comes in very handy. Fortunately, I keep a box marked triangles and when I have some that were created from some other project or the leftovers from the stitch & flip method, I save them. They have come in handy so many times that I am sure glad I save scraps. :-) Really enjoy seeing everyone's progress.

Janice McC 01-31-2016 07:13 PM

Wow, beautiful, Rob! Toot, Toot!!!

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7451633)
Here's my third finish for 2016

Rob

Janice McC 01-31-2016 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
With 2 hours and 4 minutes to spare, I finished the binding on my Courthouse Steps in January!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541656[/ATTACH]

I got this one completely machine-pieced and partially hand-quilted from someone who didn't finish it. I took out most of the hq and restitched it the way I wanted it. It wasn't until I attempted to square it up that i realized it was way out of square so I just trimmed this and that and made the best of it I could. I'm actually quite satisfied with it. Sorry for the dark, grainy pic. I took it in poor lighting but I really wanted to prove it was done this month and get it in here before midnight. This is my second UFO finish this month and now the two easiest are done. The bigger UFOs will take more time and thought. What's next I wonder? Toot, Toot for me!

oksewglad 01-31-2016 09:41 PM

Looks good from here, Engineer J....

While watching Sunday night shows I took down my Christmas tree:shock:...then trimmed some HST'S that are from trimmed corners...they measure 1 3/4" unfinished..one side is a light tan, the others a deep red, blue with tan stars, and other patriotic prints...not sure what the plan is for these.....

QltrSue 02-01-2016 04:37 AM

OOOH, Janice, square or not, that's beautiful! Love two color quilts and Log Cabins and red. A winner in my book!

Janice McC 02-01-2016 06:00 AM

Does anyone have any last minute additions to the January list of completed UFOs? I'll post the tally later tonight.

It's February 1st so let's see what the first finish of this new month will be. Who's going to finish one today??? Anyone? Anyone? (Bueller? Bueller? :) Sorry, I sometimes recall movie lines out of the blue. That's one of my favorites.)

Janice McC 02-01-2016 06:07 AM

Thank you, QltrSue and Oksewglad. The hq is a bit rough but I'm very pleased. Besides, it's for our little red cabin in the country and absolutely nothing about that place is perfect or square. I take that back, the place is perfect as is. In fact, that's what we call the place, As Is. This quilt will fit right in! lol

Veronica 02-01-2016 07:02 AM

Leta, your quilting is amazing.
You must win a lot of ribbons.

Veronica 02-01-2016 07:05 AM

Janice,
Your courthouse steps quilt is beautiful, I love the colors.

Veronica 02-01-2016 07:07 AM

Rob,
Great couching on your quilt.
I love the variety of stitches that you used.