Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

letawellman 02-01-2016 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica (Post 7452597)
Leta, your quilting is amazing.
You must win a lot of ribbons.

Thank you so much, Veronica.

(hanging my head) I've never shown. (cluck-cluck) I'm chicken. I always see a multitude of flaws. I don't handle criticism very well. (bock-bock). I actually do very good chicken impersonations, especially the sounds a hen makes when she lays an egg.

QuilterMomma 02-01-2016 02:22 PM

WOWZER on some of these finishes. They are terrific! Great job people.

terriamn 02-01-2016 07:34 PM

Rob, very pretty love the texture

janice love your red and white courthouse.

Janice McC 02-02-2016 04:28 AM

January Tally!

Good morning! I've gone through my notes again and discovered I missed Sweetwaterquilter's UFO finish in my last tally post a few days ago. Sorry, Sweetwaterquilter! Toot, Toot! for your tee shirt quilt finish! Since that post, we had several more UFO finishes in January that haven't been celebrated with an official Toot, Toot:

Rryder, Toot Toot!
zozee, Toot Toot!
Quiltermomma, Toot Toot!

Janice McC (I already blew the whistle for myself, she says sheepishly...)

Soooo, if there are no more posts for January, we can sound that train whistle loudly....

WE HAD SEVENTY UFO FINISHES POSTED FOR JANUARY 2016!!!

Congratulations go not only to everyone with a finish, but also to those of you who are currently working on your UFOs and will have future UFO finishes! Great job, everyone!

joe'smom 02-02-2016 05:49 AM

Wow, 70 finishes!! This thread is such an encouragement.

rryder 02-02-2016 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by QltrSue (Post 7452048)
Rob, that's just beautiful. My favorite one so far. Is that done on the machine or by hand or both? Beautiful!

QltrSue--it's some of each, though mostly on machine since I don't enjoy doing hand sewing/embroidery. All the couching, decorative stitching and binding are done on machine. There is some hand embroidery, and there is a lot of FMQ holding the sandwich together--The matchstick FMQ was done with rulers, the rest, just regular FMQ.

Rob

carriem 02-02-2016 06:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My goal is to get at least one of these quilted during February. I am hoping by posting the pictures here and "saying" my goal "out loud" I might be able to make it happen. :o I believe I started the stars (Carol Doaks 50 Fabulous Stars) in January of 2014.

rryder 02-02-2016 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 (Post 7452155)
Rob, your projects are very interesting. I can't see how you attach the threads, especially the black ones. Do you use an overcast stitch? Just curious..

Thanks Sandy, I use a couching foot on my sewing machine and then adjust my zigzag so it is just wide enough to go over the cords being couched down--

Rob

rryder 02-02-2016 06:10 AM

Beautiful finish Janice!

CarrieM I can't wait to see how you finish those stars, they are stunning already!

Rob

tkhooper 02-02-2016 06:13 AM

love the stars carriem. I'm putting them in my inspiration pile.