Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

Anoka Quilter 02-03-2016 06:37 AM

I agree, I want to make one too. Maybe I should organize a January Snowman Swap for 2017? Something to think about.

Originally Posted by beckyw (Post 7454526)
really nice quilts. Want to make a snowman quilt.

tkhooper 02-03-2016 07:44 AM

I think they are wonderful. i'm going to use my label as the pocket and kill two birds with one stone. Look forward to seeing your Lighted Christmas Tree Wall Hanging. I plan to send this one to my daughter in Washington state.

I'm on row three of the star flower quilt. It's progress.

happylab 02-03-2016 08:22 AM

I agree, I want to make one too. Maybe I should organize a January Snowman Swap for 2017? Something to think about.[/QUOTE]

If you Do I will join the swap.

rryder 02-03-2016 10:05 AM

Wonderful finishes Quiltermamma. Love the quilting, especially on the cartoons.

Rob

sweetwaterquilter 02-03-2016 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7453834)
My February goals are at least four more UFO quilts and whatever else I can get done up to 10. The UFOs to finish are:
Red, white blue heart bargello - three years
Crazy Rays Buggy Barn - 7 years old
Robbin Peter pay Paul Red and black - 6 years old
Delectable Mountain Red and Cream - four years I think
and if real lucky a Drunkard Path that is six years old.

Oh my, your snowmen reminded me about the Christmas block from the exchange in 2014. Have to add them to m list now. I have finished tee shirt throw for DGD. Am quilting throw for Hubby. Takes me a while, I'm a hand quilter. When I finish this throw I will do a few smaller UFOs. I do have a signature block exchange top from 2005 that will be next.
Loved the snowmen. So many great finishes, you gals are "The Bomb."

Fraew 02-03-2016 04:51 PM

How old does something have to be, to be considered vintage/antique?

2 Attachment(s)
Well...way back in 1998 (according to the fabric selvage) I saw this celestial fabric that I just had to have. "I'll make an idon'tknowwhat with it," I said to myself. Snip, snip, sew, sew, new UFO!

Last year SheriR challenged me to learn how to "quilt". I've been doing that by check for years was my response. He he. This is my 6th attempt at "quilting". So far, so good. BTW, if you have a UFO that just isn't working for you, change things up; make it a mini and finish that UFO up! Get 'er done.

Fraew 02-03-2016 04:53 PM

Beautiful work QuilterMomma!

oksewglad 02-03-2016 05:41 PM

Fraew...your quilting accents the quilt design spot on....

jaba 02-03-2016 05:45 PM

Fraew, your quilting looks amazing! Great job!!! I'm following this swap and will post soon I hope. We were gone away from home in December and January then came home and I had to have surgery on my hand. Still wrapped and stitches, they come out next Monday. I have lots of quilts that are pieced but have to go on the quilting table....not able to do that right now. Hopefully soon I will be able to add to the list of completed :)

joe'smom 02-03-2016 05:46 PM

Your quilting looks excellent, Fraew! Did you use rulers?

One more quilting session should do it for the UFO I'm currently quilting.