Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

sunrise450 02-08-2016 09:36 AM

Just got caught on my reading and oohing and aweing over the finished quilts. I haven't been doing much quilting this month. I had to finish my secret pal swap and the monthly block exchange.Those swap are monthly and they have to be done first every month before any thing else.
My back just won't stop hurting. I am having a MRI this Thursday. I just hope they can tell me something positive.
After that I will get back to the ufo I am working on.
It is a real encouragement to see all the ufo's that have been finished!

SuziSew 02-08-2016 10:37 AM

Jaba I love your quilt and love the quilting with the swirls and variegated thread!! Lovely table runners too! :thumbup:

SuziSew 02-08-2016 10:43 AM

Leta, I didn't notice any "mistakes" and it's wonderful! Can't wait to see it quilted! :)

joe'smom 02-08-2016 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by OhCanada (Post 7459753)
I'd like to hop on board, I have about a dozen UFO's. Pretty much all are quilt tops which need to be quilted. So I'm going to try for one finish every 2 months. I'm not very fast at the quilting stage. I've been enjoying watching everyone's progress!

Here's my first finish for 2016. I pieced it more than 5 years ago. I was able to use a lot of small pieces from my scrap bin. I call it "Home is Not Where the Heart Is". Because it was finished in Islamabad, our home for the next 2 years. It has taken up residence on the back of the couch, brightening up our drab brown 'staff quarters'.

OhCanada, that's beautiful! I am not fast at the quilting stage, either. I love the straight line quilting you did!

Anoka Quilter 02-08-2016 02:38 PM

Leta, that is beautiful. If you made a mistake I sure don't see it. However, I know how it is when you jus want something done and you do reduce your standards.

Jaba, I love them all. Glad that you hand is allowing you to get back to the machine.

OhCanada, welcome and what a great finish.

kristakz 02-08-2016 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a finish for this month! This top was started about 2 years ago, to use up scraps. I finished the top sometime last year, and finally got it quilted. Now it's off to Victoria's Quilts.

I also finished a couple of other quilts, but they aren't UFOs, since I just started them on New Year's Eve. They are over on this thread. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t275551.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542275[/ATTACH]

sweetwaterquilter 02-08-2016 05:51 PM

Krista what a beautiful finish. Love how you used up scraps. I love scrap quilts.

Janice McC 02-09-2016 03:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Aren't these beautiful? [ATTACH=CONFIG]542288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542290[/ATTACH]

I wish I could say they are mine, but alas, no. These are Glojean48's three recent finishes. (I'm posting pix for her temporarily. :) ) Aren't they lovely!? Toot Toot!!!

Janice McC 02-09-2016 03:32 AM

WMUTeach, glad to hear the move is over but there must still be plenty of work to do. Moving is such a chore. Try not to overdo it while you continue healing. Heaven knows the work will still be there when you are ready. Take care!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 7459283)
Just checking in. I have moved, I am healing from my fall but my sewing room is not set up again and I can't move much when using a walker. I would guess a few more weeks then back to the UFOs and a few baby quilts for little ones who just arrived. Didn't want folks to think I had dropped out already. One good thing about this inability to sew is.....I can't create any new UFO's! :D

Janice McC 02-09-2016 03:36 AM

Oops, Sweetwater, I almost missed this one. Do you have a picture to share? What was your finish for this month? Tell me and I'll add it to the growing February finishes.

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter (Post 7459403)
Wow, so many great finishes today. My first UFO for this month is finished. I pulled out two more, one throw and one that is waiting for borders. The throw is already sandwiched and ready to quilt. I haven't been this motivated in a long time.