Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2016 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2016-ufo-challenge-month-t273926.html)

Fraew 02-11-2016 04:21 PM

Great finishes Rob! Keep 'em coming.

Fraew 02-11-2016 04:35 PM

All it needs is binding...famous last words!

1 Attachment(s)
2012 was a great year to create and collect UFOs. Ask me how I know?!? It was such a good year that when QuilterMomma (yes, our very own) posted a beautiful machine applique/quilted "practice piece" that needed a new home and "just needs binding"...I had to have it.

The years came and went! and went! and went some more! I finally machine stitched the binding in December and finished the hand stitching today. Yahoo! It' done.

It's a beauty QuilterMomma! Thank you.

oksewglad 02-11-2016 04:57 PM

Love seeing all the finishes...I keep hoping I can get to my designated UFO soon...

Janice McC 02-11-2016 05:46 PM

Congratulations on your finish. It's a heck of a story and I'm thrilled it has a happy ending! Toot, Toot, Fraew!!! (Beautiful practice piece QM)

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 7462897)
2012 was a great year to create and collect UFOs. Ask me how I know?!? It was such a good year that when QuilterMomma (yes, our very own) posted a beautiful machine applique/quilted "practice piece" that needed a new home and "just needs binding"...I had to have it.

The years came and went! and went! and went some more! I finally machine stitched the binding in December and finished the hand stitching today. Yahoo! It' done.

It's a beauty QuilterMomma! Thank you.

sweetwaterquilter 02-11-2016 05:56 PM

What a beautiful practice piece. If that's practice I would like to see what a serious piece looks like. It's gorgeous!

jaba 02-11-2016 06:06 PM

Very nice Fraew, you are a lucky lady and your finish is beautiful!! Quilting nice too QM

VickiM 02-11-2016 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had this 1/2 put together since 2013, so I finally decided to get it put together. The sailboats were some scraps from a scrapbag my daughter gave me...the rest were from my stash. I have several of the 6" squares of the sailboats left & will pair them with some sky/cloud scraps I have & same yellow, red, & blue leftover from this quilt & make a donation quilt. The green dots were an estate find for $2...had enough for this front & the whole backing & binding. Will use the scraps leftover of it in another quilt. I love the warm wishes pattern!

MadQuilter 02-11-2016 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter (Post 7462968)
What a beautiful practice piece. If that's practice I would like to see what a serious piece looks like. It's gorgeous!

That's what I was thinking too.

MadQuilter 02-11-2016 06:52 PM

So THAT is Warm Wishes. Great job, VickyM. Looks like you scored with that dotted fabric.

tkhooper 02-12-2016 01:52 AM

great finishes. Still plugging along on the star flower.