Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

MadQuilter 01-25-2017 11:30 AM

Love that skewed setting. What a pretty quilt.

JuanitaBean 01-25-2017 11:46 AM

Yes I hope so. What I'm trying to is do is get some extra baby quilt made up for my 5 grandkids. They are not married yet so if I'm not here they will have something from me that I made for my great grandkids. Hope this doesn't sound bad.

oksewglad 01-25-2017 01:14 PM

I don't think so, JB....it'll be special gifts in the future from the past. :-)

Dragonfly Nana 01-25-2017 04:31 PM

JB that is a wonderful idea. I once made a baby quilt for a coworker who nearly cried when he opened it.

His grandmother had passed the year before so he did not think his son would have a quilt of his own to snuggle with like he did growing up as no one else in his family quilted.

I was so touched that it meant that much that him.

cherrybsixty 01-25-2017 05:20 PM

JuanitaBean, what a lovely and beautiful way to leave your legacy. Just gorgeous

djmat 01-25-2017 07:39 PM

I'm in, too many UFOs here. I'll try to do 6 yr. Wish me luck!!!
hugs,
dj

Libster 01-26-2017 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 7749628)
I'm in, too many UFOs here. I'll try to do 6 yr. Wish me luck!!!
hugs,
dj

Hi, djmat! Glad you're joining us. Are your patriotic blocks put together yet? Mine made a great raffle quilt for my club.

Janice McC 01-26-2017 08:02 AM

Sophie, if it's from 2000, and it was sewing related, I'd say it counts as a UFO for the purposes of this board. It doesn't matter if it took an hour or a month, you finished it so toot, toot for you!

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 7747765)
I haven't finished any quilting UFO's yet this year, however, yesterday as I was looking for some specific fabric, I found a suede tote I started in 2000! It took me less than an hour to finish. It also opened up a little more space in my drawer. Now on to my quilting UFO's.

Janice McC 01-26-2017 08:11 AM

Congratulations, JuanitaBean! It's beautiful and into January's tally it goes. :). Toot, toot!

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean (Post 7748954)
Here the picture of the Jan UFO

Janice McC 01-26-2017 08:18 AM

I believe I'd count individual finishes. If you make three projects from one old top, I'd count it as three UFO finishes but it's what you think that counts. :)

Originally Posted by letawellman (Post 7749172)
As always, JuanitaBean, your work is just beautiful!!

My patterns for patchwork animals should arrive today, so I will quickly finish a couple of critters this week from two yardsale tops.

So, wonder how many UFO's should I count this way? I'll be using up two tops, but probably be creating about 7-8 patchwork critters. I guess it could be counted either way, and in a sense, one critter would be like one small wallhanging or perhaps a mug-rug, right?

I haven't been posting in this area much, as I've been covered up with customer quilts, but I HAVE been watching!! Perhaps we're off to a little slower start this year, but I think we'll pick up steam as the year progresses.