Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

QuilterMomma 01-26-2017 09:19 AM

I am looking thru and catching up real quick this am. Good thing no one around, they would hear me say "Oh adorable, how sweet, oh my gosh, wow." I just love the alphabet finish. That is so cute. Autumn has my favorite colors. And that SBS, how adorable is that.
I do have three finishes, but no photos uploaded yet. IN the middle of a quilt show entry, a wedding dress for a wearable art competition. Once it is done on Sunday, will get to my photos. Plus hubby has been in the hospital. He is ok, but they bruised his colon pretty bad, bad enough shows on CT scan. So been dealing with that as well. He is back to work. Well, I better finish up my payroll and OSHA stuff so I can move onto some fun stuff, like Employment Security paperwork. Oh to play in quilting all day, that would be the life.

WMUTeach 01-26-2017 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 7749628)
I'm in, too many UFOs here. I'll try to do 6 yr. Wish me luck!!!
hugs,
dj

Luck, I wish you! - just a Yodaism on the moment of a spur.

I have not set a number because I did last year and got a whopping "O". (Too many broken bones and surgeries to take on UFOs.) Now I have finished one UFO and have one more from last year's guild exchange blocks. Then I can dive into the unfinished pile. But then there is the top I made during the holidays, the two baby quilts I need for family, and a baby quilt for a student who "found" herself expecting. She needs the encouragement and then I want to make at least two larger quilts for colleagues who just need one. How many does that add up to? 5 Maybe a UFO will work for a colleague? Hummmmmmm.

Janice McC 01-27-2017 08:23 AM

I'll be offline for a couple of days but I'll check back in as soon as I can. In the meantime, just a hint/reminder that if you wish, you can subscribe to this thread by clicking on "thread tools" above the first post on this page, then hit subscribe. It'll take you to a page where you can determine how you'd like to receive notifications of posts.

Talk to you all soon. Good luck on your UFOs and enjoy the weekend.

MadQuilter 01-27-2017 08:26 AM

The hubs has obligations this weekend so I will be one quiltin' fool.

happynana 01-27-2017 02:27 PM

I Finised my table runner and the Christmas quilt is now a top-which is one step closer to being a quilt! Now to start the Mickey mouse quilt for my grandson who lives with me, He is 3 and it is for his big boy bed

QuiltnNan 01-28-2017 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 7742178)
this is the second. i used machine embroidery for the red motifs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565854[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565855[/ATTACH]

love the embroidery. nicely done.

QuiltnNan 01-28-2017 04:32 AM

I came to this thread to share a link with you. This may keep you organised for your UFO projects this year: http://www.aqsblog.com/wp-content/up...-organizer.pdf

QuiltnNan 01-28-2017 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by MtnMama1955 (Post 7742494)
First Finishes of January 2017
Machine Embroidery that needed to be finished. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565890[/ATTACH] X
A snowman bookmark. Small but at least it is completed and out of the UFO pile.

I love this whimsical bookmark, would make a great wallhanging if it were larger,

jcrilley 01-28-2017 06:13 AM

I'll try it - need some motivation!

Glojean48 01-29-2017 04:16 PM

January UFO's

2 Attachment(s)
I was in the 2016 UFO challenge and actually finished 10 quilts, in addition to starting new ones. This year I'm jumping in again - it's definitely an incentive to get things done. This month I have been finishing a lot of small embroidery projects that I'm making into small wallhangings. I also finished this shaded flower appliqué that can be used as a wallhanging or a table runner. Now onto finishing a couple more embroidery projects.....