Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Janice McC 02-03-2017 08:32 AM

Jeanine, Toot, Toot for your finished baby quilt. Congratulations! We hope to see a picture. :)

Originally Posted by Jeanine (Post 7753785)
I got the baby quilt finished. Awful quilting, but whose looking. I actually took a picture. Now, if only I can find the correct cord to get the picture into the computer. This quilt was not friendly from the get-go. But it is done, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow. I'm ready to start another one. Just hope the machines will work better. Using a thin batting this time. Will also check tension before I begin. I'll get used to having a 2 yr old here again.

Minibarn, we'd love to know what you completed and see a picture if possible. Congratulations and Toot, Toot on your UFO finish!

Originally Posted by minibarn (Post 7754288)
I actually completed a UFO this month too!!! I am so excited. I am working on sewing down the hanging sleeve and the label then I will get a picture to post. Now to figure out what project to tackle for Feb.

Janice McC 02-03-2017 08:40 AM

In our first month of 2017, we averaged just under one per day. Oksewglad, Krystyna, Rryder, Libster, JMoore, PatriceJ, MtnMomma1955, Fraew, Kristijoy, All2Pieces, CarolynPaj, Sophie2, JuanitaBean, HappyNana, Glojean, Mariposa, Jeanine, Janice McC, and MiniBarn all contributed at least one finish for a combined total of....28 UFO finishes this month! TOOT, TOOT to everyone who had a UFO completion and to those of us who are working away for a finish in the near future. Thanks very much! Nice way to start the year! This train ride is starting of very well! :)

Jeanine 02-03-2017 12:28 PM

That is great news! It encourages me to keep working on my UFOs.

panszko1 02-03-2017 03:15 PM

I'm on this train. My New Years Resolution was to finish at least one UFO before starting a new project. I have just recently finished one and almost finished with another. I want to get several more finished before I start another project which is calling to me (Hanging Gardens) for which I have pattern and fabrics.

oksewglad 02-03-2017 03:30 PM

Good news, Janice...a this rate that's 365 for the year, but I know we can beat that...the charming 9P centerpiece is sewn and ready for borders...whew this one's taking a lot of time....and I'm thinking of the next UFO to finish...that's a good sign, right?

joe'smom 02-04-2017 07:07 AM

Two beautiful finishes, jmoore! That's an interesting looking gizmo you have on your ruler in the second photo.

Janice McC 02-04-2017 11:44 AM

It's a FINE sign! :)

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7756362)
Good news, Janice...a this rate that's 365 for the year, but I know we can beat that...the charming 9P centerpiece is sewn and ready for borders...whew this one's taking a lot of time....and I'm thinking of the next UFO to finish...that's a good sign, right?

oksewglad 02-04-2017 03:14 PM

Can I get half a toot? This flimsy I've been working with is now complete...now to rustle up some batting and backing from stash.

Grinch 02-04-2017 05:40 PM

Wow, that is wonderful Janice!! I should be able to add to the count soon. I have finished everything but the binding on the project I was working on. So hopefully I can move to a few UFOs once I get that binding complete.

rryder 02-05-2017 06:24 AM

Here ya go OKsewglad--Toot!