Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Fraew 02-12-2017 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7763069)
LOL!

And since I finished my Feb. UFO, I can start a future UFO (er...I mean a new project)....:D

Rob

That's the spirit! Finish and start, start. Finish and start, start. Keep this thread going!!!:D

MadQuilter 02-12-2017 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FINALLY! One done. I made this wall hanging to try out Ricky Tims' Convergence technique. One REALLY has to keep the head in the game so there are some mis-cuts but I trudged on. The quilting is STID and I think - well, I KNOW that I didn't have it basted well. As a result, the bottom edge got crooked. What's a girl to do? Decided to keep trying more new techniques.
1. Trimmed the bottom edge curvy and nobody will notice the crooked lines.
2. Tried flanged binding and REALLY like that method.
3. Quilted a huge funky feather across the middle in 28 wt thread. It's not real showy but I'm happy with it.

All in all, my lemons turned into lemonade.

Motorcyclemad 02-12-2017 08:29 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Holding at UFO status for about a year--We have a pic of the entire quilt-twin sized for my cousin's little one. I also just found out they are expecting another around July. I am looking forward to sending them more "Country" items from the cousin in Oklahoma!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568198[/ATTACH]

Here are close-ups of the embroidered farm animal squares given to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568199[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568200[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568201[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568202[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568203[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568204[/ATTACH]

See you just have to be smarter than your tools!

rryder 02-13-2017 04:06 AM

Martina- great save! I like it a lot.

Motorcyclemad- cute quilt, good job incorporating those cross stitched squares.

Rob

patricej 02-13-2017 04:18 AM

those are all nifty quilts! :thumbup:

i love them all. but am especially impressed by the quilting in rryder's project.
i hope i can learn something from it for one of my own in future.

elly66 02-13-2017 06:03 AM

Wonderful UFOs.
Love your wallhanging Rob. The quilting is beautiful.
Your baby quilt is so cute and colorful motorcyclemad.
Martina that is a beautiful save.

joe'smom 02-13-2017 07:01 AM

Rob, kudos -- not only for your beautiful work but for getting it up on the wall!

MadQuilter, that is a gorgeous piece!

Motorcyclemad, I love your setting for those adorable embroidered animals. That is sure to be a favorite for the little one.

MadQuilter 02-13-2017 12:02 PM

Aw thanks.

I think our finish list is growing quite nicely. The animal blocks are super cute.
Rob, your quilting is lovely.

cherrybsixty 02-14-2017 07:21 AM

Rob (2/12;pg 43,#428) Lovely work as always, but one question is it a 'hunter star or a carpenter star?'

Martina (2/12;pg 44,#432) loving the wall hanging, that 'lemonade is sweet.'

Madeline (2/12;pg 44,#433) The farm quilt is really cute, I just love hand embroidery. Do you think those prints are still available?

As I always say the pretties really come out when I'm away. Happy sewing gang.

Janice McC 02-14-2017 11:55 AM

Congratulations MCM for your UFO finish! The embroidery is darling. Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad (Post 7763435)
Holding at UFO status for about a year--We have a pic of the entire quilt-twin sized for my cousin's little one. I also just found out they are expecting another around July. I am looking forward to sending them more "Country" items from the cousin in Oklahoma!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568198[/ATTACH]
See you just have to be smarter than your tools!

MadQuilter, nice job on your Convergence Quilt. Toot, Toot! You overcame your "oopses" to finish a lovely quilt. :)

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 7763172)
FINALLY! One done. I made this wall hanging to try out Ricky Tims' Convergence technique. One REALLY has to keep the head in the game so there are some mis-cuts but I trudged on. The quilting is STID and I think - well, I KNOW that I didn't have it basted well. As a result, the bottom edge got crooked. What's a girl to do? Decided to keep trying more new techniques.
1. Trimmed the bottom edge curvy and nobody will notice the crooked lines.
2. Tried flanged binding and REALLY like that method.
3. Quilted a huge funky feather across the middle in 28 wt thread. It's not real showy but I'm happy with it.

All in all, my lemons turned into lemonade.

Rryder, great job finishing up one that you almost let get away. Sorry, very bad fishing joke. Congratulations and Toot, Toot for another UFO finish!

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7763041)
Hey all,
Here's my UFO finish for Feb. I took Angela Walters' Craftsy class several years ago and quilted this, but didn't like the quality of some of the quilting, so it went on the UFO pile. On Friday I decided to get it off the UFO pile and rip out the parts I didn't like (which ended up being all the fish which I decided I didn't like the pattern AW had chosen so I just quilted around them and echoed, and also the purple areas, which I re-did using rulers). Anyway, here it is, and I even added hanging corners to the back AND hung it up in the bedroom. In the photo it's pinned to my design wall. :)

Rob