Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Fraew 02-19-2017 08:11 AM

Thank you all. Love this thread. :)

Belfrybat 02-19-2017 02:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
TaDa!!! Finally a finish. Actually two. The first is Grand Illusion. I had a visceral dislike of this pattern so the almost completed top has sat in a cabinet for three years. In my quest to finish UFOs, I got it out, added a top and bottom border to make it a rectangle and put it on the Bailey last week. Just finished the sashing today.
The second is Tiddlewinks, one of my favourite scrappy patterns. I finished the top last year and it was in my "to be finished" pile and I finally quilted it last week and finished binding it today. Both of these are charity quilts.
I have seven more that I have quilted but need binding, so hopefully I'll have two or three more by the end of the month.
ETA: I didn't see the mistake in the Tiddlewinks until I posted this picture. Can't see the forest due to the trees!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568588[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568589[/ATTACH]

Fraew 02-19-2017 03:12 PM

Yay Belfrybat! And stop telling on yourself. This is a safe space. :)

Grinch 02-19-2017 05:38 PM

Great job, Belfrybat!! I have heard that the Amish will make sure they insert an error into their quilts to show that only God is perfect, and I always joke that I don't have to make an effort to insert an error!! (I have since learned that the story is a myth, but I still think of it when I mess up.)

rryder 02-19-2017 10:56 PM

Good job Belfrybat!

joe'smom 02-20-2017 06:55 AM

Belfrybat, I remember how much you disliked Grand Illusion. Congrats on finishing it! I love what you did with the border, and love your Tiddlewinks! (I'm not sure what the error is, so it must not be very obvious.)

cannyquilter 02-20-2017 09:56 AM

Belfry at love both your quilts, would never have noticed mistake if you hadn't mentioned it. Why do we always do that?

happylab 02-20-2017 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A small wall hanging to add to the UFO totals. I had a tie challenge a few years back and started this block. The brown and blue fabrics are from real ties taken apart. Don't have a clue what I will do with the WH. I guess it will hang out in my closet until someone decides they want it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]568659[/ATTACH]Anyway it's done.

Janice McC 02-20-2017 12:50 PM

Congratulations, Belfrybat! These are both colorful and beautiful and you certainly earned bonus points for finishing Grand Illusion despite disliking it so much. Toot, Toot. Great work.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 7767886)
TaDa!!! Finally a finish. Actually two. The first is Grand Illusion. I had a visceral dislike of this pattern so the almost completed top has sat in a cabinet for three years. In my quest to finish UFOs, I got it out, added a top and bottom border to make it a rectangle and put it on the Bailey last week. Just finished the sashing today.
The second is Tiddlewinks, one of my favourite scrappy patterns. I finished the top last year and it was in my "to be finished" pile and I finally quilted it last week and finished binding it today. Both of these are charity quilts.
I have seven more that I have quilted but need binding, so hopefully I'll have two or three more by the end of the month.
ETA: I didn't see the mistake in the Tiddlewinks until I posted this picture. Can't see the forest due to the trees!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568588[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568589[/ATTACH]

Sync 02-20-2017 01:03 PM

Congrats on the two finishes, Belfrybat.