Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2017 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2017-ufo-challenge-month-t284858.html)

Janice McC 03-24-2017 08:15 AM

QM, another UFO finish and it's as though each is prettier than the last. The quilting is beautiful. Congratulations and Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7790051)
Here is a finish for me finally. One of the two drunkard paths is done. Was practicing some more feathers that I learned from Bethanne Nemesh at a class when she was here in Spokane. Onto the next one. Yippeee.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570261[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]570263[/ATTACH]These are just a few. Is a queen size.

Janice McC 03-24-2017 08:22 AM

Rryder :) :) :) (I'm not at all familiar with Lutradur so I guess there's some googling to be done.) Congratulations and Toot, Toot for a lovely and unique UFO finish.

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7790461)
I have a Finish! This UFO has been sitting for a little over a year. It is now done and hanging in the local art gallery. I used Lutradur for the top, did some decorative stitches on it, then collaged leftover fabric to the backside, sandwiched it with a layer of cotton batting scraps and used a piece of black craft felt from stash as the backing. Quilted it, then took outside and used a heat gun to "lace" the Lutradur... first time for me doing that on an actual piece and got a little heavy handed in some places, but that's ok. Then did a quilted grid to make sure it all held together. You can zoom in to see the Lutradur lacing. It's 36" x 24" I think....

cherrybsixty 03-24-2017 10:20 AM

Hand quilted charity quilt

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, the pix of the finish for March. Thank heaven for the granddaughter.

oksewglad 03-24-2017 10:52 AM

Yahoo, another fine finish, cherry

Kassaundra 03-24-2017 11:36 AM

Great job on your bright and happy quilt Cherry.

QuilterMomma 03-24-2017 12:17 PM

Ok Cherry, I needed those fresh flowers to cheer me up on this drizzly day. Spring rains bring flowers in May right? Oh, it is only March, but that is ok, I will still keep those pretties in my mind.

cherrybsixty 03-24-2017 12:47 PM

Thank you everyone for your cheers on my little quilt, the top has been finished for about two years now and I was going to machine quilt it with a walking foot on my 401 and that would not work, so I hand quilted in a month and bind it in a week and it's my March finish. As I stated before I'm working on hand quilting a hand embroidery series for a wall hanging. This is my first pix post in this forum with the aide of my (adult) granddaughter, who is a techno-nerd.

Congratulation to Kassaundra, Quilter Momma, and Rryder (Rob) on your beautiful finishes. May March be a great finishing month. Happy Sewing gang

rryder 03-24-2017 02:04 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words on my UFO finish for this month.

Cherrybsixty--I love the cheerful flowers--congratulations on a beautiful finish.

elly66 03-24-2017 03:53 PM

Kassundra that's a lovely quilt. Bacl for him and front (minimalist) for her!

QM I love your quilting and those colors are beautiful.

Rob, your artistry is fantastic.

cherrybsixty makes me excited for spring! Lovely flowers.

oksewglad 03-24-2017 06:47 PM

The Lego quilt is done...going to clip some threads and take a pic...