Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-fabric-moratorium-t293585.html)

Blue Bell 02-09-2018 05:46 PM

Thank you for keeping me in the group. I am so relieved.

Teen 02-09-2018 06:11 PM

Altaire.....your mom and Mil Quilts are gorgeous! Way to go on stash...

Congrats on the new babies coming. I vote purchases for babies are exempt! Lol! And, no one is getting kicked out. I think we should all get kudo's for always considering our stash first before we purchase.

No fabric purchases for me so far in February except I did purchase the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Book. This sampler will use some of the 2 bolts I have had for a year. I think I'm good for awhile with the projects I've got going.

petthefabric 02-09-2018 10:13 PM

Blue Bell. There's no ban in this group, just encouragement. I for one forget to shop my stash first. This thread has helped with that. So when I'm able to use my stash, it's a victory. It's getting better. Now I remember things in my stash that are as good or better than what's offered at the store.

OhCanada 02-09-2018 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fell off the wagon today, couldn’t resist this fabric at $4/meter. That’s a great price for this side of the border. I don’t have much Christmas fabric, only a small bin.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588748[/ATTACH]

Teen 02-10-2018 12:21 AM

Who could pass that up? So cute and great price....

Blue Bell 02-10-2018 07:35 AM

I say, buy it, when the price is right.
I have bought this year, LOL, but I have been using up my scraps to make mug mats for our guild's quilt show in April. The little snippets are going to a friend that makes dog cushions. And I have used my scraps for the latest mystery quilt.
And the board is very friendly and kind so I really wasn't afraid of being banned from the fabric moratorium group.

elly66 02-10-2018 08:52 AM

Those are lovely Altairss! Congrats on using your stash. They will surely love them.

JJBlaine 02-10-2018 07:58 PM

I had what may or may not be a slip today at Joann's, but I'm actually pretty proud of myself, considering the quilting fabrics are 50% off and I had a coupon for an additional 25% all fabric. There were so many pretty fabrics I wanted to bring home! I even resisted the super-cute Valentine's fabrics that were 60% off!

I only have scraps of neutrals, so I really wanted to pick up a variety to keep in my stash, but decided I'd rather pay a little more when I actually need it, than have them sitting in my stash for some unspecified future quilt.

I don't specifically have a quilt in mind, but I am woefully low on yellows and oranges in my precuts for scrappies, so I bought a half dozen fat quarters to cut up. I brought home 2-1/2 yards of a beautiful chocolate brown I may or may not use to finish up one of my UFO's. Not sure if that counts as a need or a slip, lol.

Not part of my slip-up, I also bought a bunch of patriotics for the quilt top my son asked me to make for him, but unlike my past self, I only bought 1/3 yard pieces I needed instead of going ahead and buying a full yard of each, so another small victory there.

oksewglad 02-10-2018 08:01 PM

Baby steps, JJ....way to go!

happylab 02-11-2018 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I went to a quilt show from another guild close by with 2 other ladies from my guild. I had not realized there would be vendors there. I bought 3 f-g’s in batiks for $8.00 - yard. I found a license plate coffe cup. Then I found 3 patterns and one Nebraska small w/h kit. Afterwards we went to a lqs, 45minutes away and then couldn’t resist buying fabric for a quilt I want to start this year. I bought 90% of the fabric for a king size quilt. This store has 4-6 rows of batiks. I found the perfect fabcic blends for my project. I tried to shop [ATTACH=CONFIG]588815[/ATTACH] my stash, but I did not have enough fabric for this pattern. The other 10% of my fabric needed, I will shop my stash. Here’s a pic of my my fabric.