Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

elly66 01-20-2019 07:10 PM

Wonderful quilt retired teacher. LindaJane those are adorable. Pamela you at least purchased staple fabric in colors you were lacking. Hop back up here with us. 😀

Teen 01-20-2019 07:37 PM

Adorable, LindaJane!!

jmoore 01-21-2019 04:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Connie, your mystery quilt is wonderful...and great that you used fabric you already had.

I have not officially committed to the fabric moratorium but I jump over to this thread quite often to get inspiratation for using up some of my modest stash. I have resisted purchasing any new fabric ... but it’s only January 21st. But my goal in 2019 is to find some projects where I will use fabric I have.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607148[/ATTACH]

SillySusan 01-21-2019 04:40 AM

LindaJane, These are super-cute! I have a pile of fleece that I had no idea of what to do with it! After I use up all my regular fabric for quilts, I'll do stuffed animals! I have patterns for them... somewhere... :)

Teen 01-21-2019 10:09 AM

Jmoore.....so cute! Perfect placemat pattern for this adorable fabric. Yes, this thread is so inspiring..

Conchalea 01-21-2019 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used up about 6 2/3 yards of stash & I've almost finished Unwind. I only have to complete binding it to have it completely finished. I did have to buy backing, but it's all been used so it won't enter my stash. I may finish binding today.

Irishrose2 01-21-2019 11:06 AM

Wonderful projects posted!
Pamela, there will be other sales and you can buy exactly what you need when you need it. Repeat after me, "There are enough fabric stores, brick and online, that I can find what I want when I want it."

Teen 01-21-2019 01:50 PM

Lol@Irish... I'm repeating it, too.

Conchalea...gorgeous finish, beautiful colors, and love the simple quilting. Straight line quilting like this is my favorite. I like simplicity in my quilting and this is the perfect pattern to do that. Well done Stashbuster!

Belfrybat 01-21-2019 02:02 PM

Oh, everyone is posting such lovely pics. Connie - your interpretation of #20 train is fabulous. I don't think I could have made that many FGs. Conchlea -- do you have a link for the Unwind pattern? I love the controlled scrappy version you did.
And Pamela -- here's a hand-up back on the wagon. Let's support each other!

I'm currently piecing an Arkansas Crossroad made from stash fabrics. I don't know how I end up with so many scraps! I only buy yardage, but my scrap drawer is overflowing. And after cutting out the pieces for this top, I can't see I made a dent. I'm tempted to bag up all the scraps and give them away. But if I do that, I'll end up needing "just that piece" and will cut into yardage thus making more scraps. Yikes!

PamelaOry 01-21-2019 02:17 PM

I love the Arkansas crossroads quilts I’ve seen. I just yesterday added it to my planner with the intention of using nothing but stash fabrics to make it. Hope you share a picture when you get yours done.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 8197370)
Oh, everyone is posting such lovely pics. Connie - your interpretation of #20 train is fabulous. I don't think I could have made that many FGs. Conchlea -- do you have a link for the Unwind pattern? I love the controlled scrappy version you did.
And Pamela -- here's a hand-up back on the wagon. Let's support each other!

I'm currently piecing an Arkansas Crossroad made from stash fabrics. I don't know how I end up with so many scraps! I only buy yardage, but my scrap drawer is overflowing. And after cutting out the pieces for this top, I can't see I made a dent. I'm tempted to bag up all the scraps and give them away. But if I do that, I'll end up needing "just that piece" and will cut into yardage thus making more scraps. Yikes!