Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

Skipastitch 01-18-2019 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8194989)
That is my plan for my guild retreat the first week of April. Only take UFOs and finish some! This usually works well for me. I do it all but the hand stitching of my binding and that I take home with me to do during movie nights. Great minds are working together! I wish you well as you press forward with chasing down the UFO's!

Thank you! I wish you well & look forward to hearing your progress. I hope to make my list this weekend so I can be held accountable. I really dread it since I know how long it will be. I can't sandwich at retreat or actually quilt, to many of us in one space.

Congrats on the finishes Sewbizgirl! Love the first one's colors.
Boston, that purple & green is pretty!

givio 01-18-2019 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8195204)
Ok, I have another one this week then... In another thread I spoke of a UFO quilt I threw out, after keeping it for at least 25 years. I didn't like it but for some reason just couldn't throw it out. I had been using it (folded up) as a cat bed and discovered the cat had 'moved on' to another favorite sleeping spot and had used the old UFO as a second potty! It was easy to throw it out then. So... another one gone. :thumbup:

Lolol Don't you love cats! lol

oksewglad 01-18-2019 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8195204)
Ok, I have another one this week then... In another thread I spoke of a UFO quilt I threw out, after keeping it for at least 25 years. I didn't like it but for some reason just couldn't throw it out. I had been using it (folded up) as a cat bed and discovered the cat had 'moved on' to another favorite sleeping spot and had used the old UFO as a second potty! It was easy to throw it out then. So... another one gone. :thumbup:

:D:D:D Some people go to great lengths to get a UFO done!

sewbizgirl 01-18-2019 03:38 PM

Ha ha... I do love that kitty but she's kinda senile now. Make that crazy.... When she's gone there won't be any more cats for us. Only dogs, the perfect animal.

Belfrybat 01-18-2019 05:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Gosh, everyone has been so industrious. I finished 7 UFOs this week, but only took pics of the ones I had pieced myself. 3 were quilts for the homeless group I belong to and I only quilted and bound them. The four pictured here I pieced in Nov/Dec and finally got around to quilting and binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607000[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607001[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607002[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]607003[/ATTACH]

Teen 01-18-2019 06:13 PM

Well done, Belfreybat....these all are wonderful....I'm kinda of partial to the last one. Such warm colors... Do you hand sew your binding on the back? I ask because that is a lot of work for one week. For donation quilts, I typically machine sew my binding but for gifts and special quilts, I hand sew. Just wondering....

JJBlaine 01-18-2019 06:17 PM

@BelfyBat: Those are fabulous quilts. Even though they are simple patterns, the fabrics and colors you used really make them pop!

sewbizgirl 01-19-2019 09:39 AM

Cute quilts, Belfry. That's a lot of finishes!

Sync 01-19-2019 11:15 AM

Good job on those finishes, Belfrybat.

Belfrybat 01-19-2019 12:52 PM

Thank you. I have a definite aversion to hand sewing anything. These are actually done with back to front binding method where I cut the back 3/4" larger than the front and fold to the front and sew. For quilts I make for friends or to sell, I still machine sew the binding but use the more traditional strip method where I sew onto the back and fold over to the front.