Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

retiredteacher09 01-19-2019 05:52 PM

Very nice finishes, Belfrybat!

Skipastitch 01-21-2019 08:08 AM

Morning everyone, nice finish belfrybat!

I am pretty proud of myself. I managed to get a baby quilt put together this weekend for a shower on Sunday. I cleaned my sewing room & re-organized everything. I now have an actual count of UFO's
:shock: that I will post at the end so I can find it. I have a group I meet with on Monday's so I have a binding one to take tonight.
UFO's
10 table runners (tops complete)
5 baby quilts (tops complete)
9 lap size or larger quilts (tops complete)
5 started quilts (block only)

I have a lot to get done......

mpepperm37 01-21-2019 08:34 AM

Hi. This looks like a great place to find motivation to complete those UFOs! Thanks. I'll tackle a list soon, but I have two front-runners for completion: easier of the two is a table runner and the greater challenge is a king-size quilt I started last March with fabrics I brought back from a trip to Hawaii. Of course there are lots more and my list of UFOs is equally unfinished. :)

petthefabric 01-21-2019 03:43 PM

I like the idea of digging through the accumlation of quilt related stuff until I find a UFO that needs to be finished. That way I won't get overload from all the work that's really there. Partial reality if fine with me.

JJBlaine 01-21-2019 04:26 PM

Progress is being made on my UFO front. Rather than force myself to sort thru the UFO bin all at once, I made the goal to have it done by the end of the month. I've been pulling out 2-3 projects at a time and deciding their fate.

Last week I pulled out the projects I want to work on first, put them in see-thru project boxes, and brought them into the sewing room. Of those, one is basted and ready to fmq, another is my current piecing project. This week, one is being sent out to be worked on, 6 are being sent off to be used for donation quilts, and 2 or 3 are damaged and will be going to the trash.

Only one more bin to go!

Belfrybat 01-22-2019 08:03 AM

JJBlaine -- you have been busy! If I don't put my projects in see-through bags or boxes they are lost forever in the quilting closet. Or at least for years. I decided I had one mystery quilt I don't like enough to finish, so just bordered what was done and declared it a wheelchair quilt. It isn't quilted and bound, so I don't count it as done, but at least the decision has been made and I can move on without guilt.

redstilettos 01-22-2019 10:20 AM

I have several that I need a boost in the keister in order to finish.

Ugh!

sewbizgirl 01-22-2019 10:39 AM

Here Red... boost, boost! (Virtual kicks in the keister). :D

granny2cc 01-22-2019 11:07 AM

Since this part of west central Illinois is covered in a thin sheet of ice I"ve declared today to be "stay in your jammies and quilt day". I have grabbed 2 UFOs out of the stack that both only need the last row of blocks and the borders stitched on. Both will go to a local ALS quilt challenge quilter then come back to me for binding and a label. The next project in the stack - also a donation quilt - needs a border. I haven't had a finish for months. Maybe today is the day.

Teen 01-22-2019 12:48 PM

I'm in line behind, Sewbiz, Red! Pick one and go for it.