Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

Boston1954 01-25-2019 06:13 PM

I finished a table runner today. It had been waiting almost a year. Whew!

SusieQOH 01-25-2019 06:45 PM

I really wanted to join up but this year has started out in the craziest fashion! My Mom fell and fractured her pelvis. We brought her from NY to Ohio for rehab and she will be dividing her time between mine and my sister's homes when she's released. Our dynamics will certainly change and a lot of my goals are now up in the air. I'm not complaining at all, just being realistic. So why do I keep buying more fabric? I have a zillion things to finish :D

newbee3 01-25-2019 07:01 PM

well finally got some of my quilts quilted actually 4 and have binding done just have 3 more to finish. Also want to get busy and make the wall hanging that was started several years ago.

Conchalea 01-25-2019 08:42 PM

Boston, congrats on your finish! Check off another UFO for yourself.
Susie, hang in there. Taking care of your mom is more important than finishing UFOs. Maybe you’re buying fabric as a form of retail therapy. I know I’ve bought things I didn’t need during stressful times, & on-line shopping makes it way too easy to overdo.
Newbee, great job, finishing all those projects! You’re an inspiration.

sewbizgirl 01-25-2019 10:20 PM

Susie, will be thinking of you as you care for your mom. Hope that pelvis heals well.

JJBlaine 01-26-2019 01:37 AM

I wish your mom a speedy recovery, both for her well-being, and so your life can go back to your normal. I moved in with my mother to take care of her, and though I love her dearly, it can be trying at times.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8199947)
I really wanted to join up but this year has started out in the craziest fashion! My Mom fell and fractured her pelvis. We brought her from NY to Ohio for rehab and she will be dividing her time between mine and my sister's homes when she's released. Our dynamics will certainly change and a lot of my goals are now up in the air. I'm not complaining at all, just being realistic. So why do I keep buying more fabric? I have a zillion things to finish :D

JJBlaine 01-26-2019 02:21 AM

Five more days to accomplish my goal of having all my UFO's sorted by the end of this month. I have been trying to take out at least one per day and deciding what to do with it. I am down to one office sized box of projects left waiting to know their fate. Most of those are kits I made up, but have not started, so I haven't decided if they are "real" UFOs or not. Two I had to throw away because the fabric had become brittle and was falling apart. :(

My list is at 23. Four of those of those are long term projects, six are finished floppies that just need to be quilted, and three are L/E's or crumb projects.

Over the VQW, I basted and started the fmq on one UFO. I sent off a few floppies today, a UFO or two, and a few orphan blocks to a fellow board member whom I hope will be able to use them for donation quilts. Another floppy went to a different board member for some much needed embroidery.

Progress is being made! woohoo!

SusieQOH 01-26-2019 06:46 AM

Conchalea- you hit the nail on the head. It's been very stressful and buying fabric has been a release of sorts. But my Mom is my top priority! The other stuff can wait.
SBG- thanks for the kind words, hon!!! She's healing well but she's not a spring chicken :)
JJBLaine- thanks for your understanding, too :)
You are all the best!! I never feel alone as we've all been there or somewhere and can relate!

happylab 01-26-2019 08:16 AM

I love all of the finishes so far for this month. Yea!!!!! I will be going back and counting all of the total this week and again Feb 2, 2019, so we have a grand total for January. Don't forget to send your PM's if you want them to count in our totals. Thank-you ahead of time.

Lets see how well we do in completing more of our UFO's for the last 6 days of the month.

Teen 01-26-2019 08:56 AM

Susie.. Lifting your mom up in prayer this morning. Thank goodness you and sis are able to give the care she needs.