Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

LTeachergeorge 02-05-2019 09:00 PM

Quiltmouse, I'm right there with you. I just have never taken an accurate count!

Linda in Missouri

sewbizgirl 02-10-2019 02:51 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Wow... no posts in 5 days. But... I have a finish! I got the Chunky Churndash all done and I just love it. I don't know why I let it languish so long. This was a UFO for at least 5 years, if not more. I think it was my oldest UFO. Now it's done. :o:o:o

This is a free pattern on the Quiltville site. I made it a very controlled scrappy, carefully selecting perfect combos for each block. I also didn't over-quilt it. The batting is soft and I wanted the quilt to be somewhat drapey, not hard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608242[/ATTACH]

The long view... from across the room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608243[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608244[/ATTACH]

And this I Spy is a shorter term UFO.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608245[/ATTACH]

And JJBlaine... I'm embroidering the last 5 faces on your snowmen quilt. It will be in the mail to you this week!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]608247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]608248[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 02-10-2019 03:28 PM

Nice finish, SBG. Very well unified design; nice contrast in the hourglass blocks. Soft and drapey is the best kind!

Sync 02-10-2019 03:36 PM

Congrats on your finish sewbizgirl, it looks great.

retiredteacher09 02-10-2019 05:14 PM

Congratulations on your finishes, sewbizgirl! Lovely! Your snowmen faces are adorable.

We had around 6.5" of snow today with more forecast for tomorrow night into Tuesday evening. We had a very nice winter until the deep freeze hit last week and now the snow. Lovely Minnesota weather!

JJBlaine 02-10-2019 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8208530)

And JJBlaine... I'm embroidering the last 5 faces on your snowmen quilt. It will be in the mail to you this week!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608246[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]608247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]608248[/ATTACH]

The snowman faces look fabulous! I can't believe you are almost done, plus finished up your wonderful UFO's (Love the churn dash scrappy!)

givio 02-10-2019 07:09 PM

SBG! Beautiful fabrics on that CD! What a treat that one is! How big did it finish at?

Teen 02-10-2019 07:54 PM

Sewbiz....that chunky churndash is outstanding. Absolutely gorgeous! Awesome job on the snowmen....

I think I'm creating UFO's by not being able to machine quilt my recent finished top. I'll have another done in a couple of days, which I never ever ever do.. (I can hear Oksewglad screeching right now...lol!!) I've never tried it on my travel machine...not enough throat space but I'm going to try it. I already have anxiety. :D

sewbizgirl 02-10-2019 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8208625)
SBG! Beautiful fabrics on that CD! What a treat that one is! How big did it finish at?

Thanks... I didn’t measure it, but it should be about 66”x78”. Nice to sleep under!

oksewglad 02-10-2019 10:01 PM

Bwhahahaha:D Teen is succumbing to the evil UFO land!!

Meanwhile back on the farm, I'm working on a couple of new projects...Now really you say. When I asked my oldest GS if he wanted a t-shirt quilt when he graduates from HS next year...he replied "no"...well how about a denim one? Another "no, I just want a quilt, Gma." That set me thinking. I had a supply of plaid flannels and homespuns in all sorts of small chunks. I began cutting in the widest widths down to the smallest possible. These pieces I sewed end to end in long strips. I had enough strips to sew a 68 x 80 flimsy with plenty to spare. I then improv sewed a little crib quilt from the leftovers. Now to find backings for them to finish them off!

Last year I declared it the year of the triangle and organized all the random triangles I have accumulated. I'm sewing Maverick stars with them stitching to 2 1/2" red squares. Also using scrap print squares for the center of the star...Oh yes another project going!