Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

sewbizgirl 02-11-2019 05:52 AM

Oksewglad, those projects sound so interesting. I hope you show us photos when they are done... or at least finished tops. :o

oksewglad 02-11-2019 06:09 AM

I do have a few progress pics, SBG...I just need to get them uploaded...have a quilt guild meeting today...then another blast of winter!

joe'smom 02-11-2019 02:56 PM

sewbizgirl, what a beautiful finish -- and the snowman faces are charming.

I finished quilting the second quadrant of my quilt yesterday. Onward!

Skipastitch 02-12-2019 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Skipastitch (Post 8205837)
February Goal: 3 UFO's
1. Queen size dresden plate: Complete quilting & binding
2. Yellow & pink baby quilt: Quilt & bind
3. X's & O's baby quilt: Sandwich, quilt & bind

1 has been going for over a year, also the first one that I didn't do a complete all over design. I have 2 1/2 outer borders to finish the quilting.
2 & 3 haven't been around long but need to be completed & donated.

Mid way through the month & I have completed a small round table runner binding. Started the binding of a large table runner. Completed the 1/2 border, starting on the remaining two. There is still hope, since I will be home again this weekend.

Love those snowmen faces! They made me smile.

retiredteacher09 02-12-2019 05:30 PM

Skipastitch: You are making good progress.

sewbizgirl 02-12-2019 05:52 PM

Sounds like everyone's been making some progress! :p

givio 02-12-2019 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8209670)
Sounds like everyone's been making some progress! :p

Even me! :-) I've got all my blocks made for my Birthday Candies quilt, 36, I'm setting them 6 x 6 for a square quilt. Some of the blocks got damaged, so I had a ton of seam ripping to do to replace some candies, plus I had to swap out some candies that were either to light or too dark to suit me. So, I felt like I got a lot done.

Then I seam ripped out the border I had started, made up a new idea for it, sewed about a fourth of what I needed for the border, laid the blocks/border out on the floor (which is my 'design wall'), and didn't like the new border design. So back to square one, or block one, so to speak! lol for the border. But I've come up with another idea, and I'm not giving up on this project! Forge ahead! Rah, rah!

In the meantime--I sewed together the 16 border blocks I didn't like to make four 12" blocks-- so a new WIP there. * roll my eyes*

I shared this picture in the Birthday Candy swap thread, but maybe someone here didn't see what I'm doing with my candies from the swap. Here's four 12" blocks sewn together. I made nine of these. I've sewed them into three columns of three because I'm thinking I'll QAYG that way.

Conchalea 02-12-2019 08:34 PM

Near the start of this thread I said I don’t have any UFOs. That was wrong. I was digging through some things in my back bedroom, rarely used, & found the background I started a year or 2 ago of an art quilt. It wasn’t working out as I envisioned so I buried it under lots of other stuff. In the meantime I had an idea of a different art quilt I could make with that background so I was happy to run across it again. I admit I’ve been working the new plan & I’ve completely dropped sewing the rows for Surprise Pinwheels. I will get back to that but I had the brainstorm for the art quilt & felt like I was channeling Rob Ryder! Mine won’t be near the piece of art his quilts are, but I’m enjoying the process. It’s nice to not worry about precise cutting & 1/4” seams, too.

sewbizgirl 02-12-2019 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8209697)
Even me! :-) I've got all my blocks made for my Birthday Candies quilt, 36, I'm setting them 6 x 6 for a square quilt.
(snip)
Here's four 12" blocks sewn together. I made nine of these. I've sewed them into three columns of three because I'm thinking I'll QAYG that way.

Just beautiful, Givio.... love the way you divided your darks and lights. Kind of like Trip Around the World, but even more scrappy! :thumbup:

Bet you had fun playing with those 'candies'.

Watson 02-12-2019 11:51 PM

I'm in.
Today, I had an avalanche of tops from my shelf while I was looking for a particular fabric and realized I really need to do something about this.
I'll do an inventory and come back with it.

Watson