Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

retiredteacher09 03-19-2020 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sewbizgirl: Lovely outfit! Ivy will look so cute in it.

Quossum: Lovely story and a beautiful quilt.

I have another UFO top. This will go to my church group to finish. It is 69.5” by 80”.

I started 2 colorways In 2018 for Moda Blockheads 2 BOW but didn’t make very many of the weekly blocks. After moving the finished ones around in my sewing area several times, I decided I have unexpected time now so I put the 2 colorways together with a few extra blocks to get the top done. So it is like 2 UFOs merged in to 1.

Teen 03-19-2020 06:40 PM

I'm picking up a UFO and WIP project tomorrow from LA'r. Binding is ready for both so I should have a UFO done by this weekend.. Then.....only one more and I am UFO-free...again...forever...lol....woohoo!! At least that's the plan...

WMUTeach 03-19-2020 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 (Post 8370223)
Spectacular finish Q!

I wonder why we're not getting more traction on our UFOs? I have one that just needs to be quilted. Its recipient is having Covid anxiety so its getting moved to the front-front burner.

Good for you! Someone really needs to know you are there for them. You can give hugs via a quilt. Much nicer than an elbow bump. Wink, Wink.

oksewglad 03-20-2020 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8370381)

I have another UFO top. This will go to my church group to finish. It is 69.5” by 80”.

I started 2 colorways In 2018 for Moda Blockheads 2 BOW but didn’t make very many of the weekly blocks. After moving the finished ones around in my sewing area several times, I decided I have unexpected time now so I put the 2 colorways together with a few extra blocks to get the top done. So it is like 2 UFOs merged in to 1.

Now that's great thinking! Double the number of UFO's...should count as 2 in my book.

oksewglad 03-20-2020 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8370400)
I'm picking up a UFO and WIP project tomorrow from LA'r. Binding is ready for both so I should have a UFO done by this weekend.. Then.....only one more and I am UFO-free...again...forever...lol....woohoo!! At least that's the plan...

Teen...no UFO's...you need to find a good therapist! haha. Seriously, good for you. You are an inspiration to us "wannabee UFO' free"

sewbizgirl 03-20-2020 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8370381)

Great looking quilt! Killed 2 UFOs with one quilt... perfect.

Teen 03-20-2020 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
March UFO Finish... I made these blocks in February of last year to use up some scraps from a FQ bundle. Had no idea what I was going to do with them....then packed them....then moved. Forgot about them until I unpacked them. Decided to give this to my great-niece for B-Day....she's 11....

Lol@ OKSewglad....my therapist instructed me to finish what I start to manage anxiety. I always do what my therapist tells me..;) Lol...

sewbizgirl 03-20-2020 03:13 PM

Teen, that's pretty and perfect for a young girl.

oksewglad 03-20-2020 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8370611)
March UFO Finish... I made these blocks in February of last year to use up some scraps from a FQ bundle. Had no idea what I was going to do with them....then packed them....then moved. Forgot about them until I unpacked them. Decided to give this to my great-niece for B-Day....she's 11....

Lol@ OKSewglad....my therapist instructed me to finish what I start to manage anxiety. I always do what my therapist tells me..;) Lol...

Sewglad you follow your therapist's advice! :-) Your niece will love it. Now back to my regularly scheduled UFO creating session.

tohkatz68 03-20-2020 04:25 PM

Teen, very pretty quilt, neat border.