Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

WMUTeach 04-12-2020 04:46 PM

A lovely Easter, online church and then a wonderful Easter discussion with my brother and sister-in-law. Later Skype with one part of my family and Zoom with my children. We were separate in location but all together in spirit.

Back to quilting later in the week. Thank you for the complements. It feels so good to check them off my list. I did lay out a UFO from 2011 as my next project. Maybe finish by the end of the month, fingers crossed.

retiredteacher09 04-12-2020 04:57 PM

WMUTeach: A very stunning sampler. Congratulations on another finish.

I watched 2 online church services put out by the church I attend; sewed some; took a 2 hour nap; texted extended family; and even changed a light bulb. My son used the air fryer and made a steak/mushroom/bacon mixture. Yum! Yum!

We also got at least 5.5” of snow. The driveway and streets were warm enough so the snow melted in them which we are thankful for today.

oksewglad 04-12-2020 05:40 PM

I pulled out a UFO yesterday...shouldn't take long to finish...then back mask making.

Conchalea 04-12-2020 05:55 PM

Once again, no sewing for me. I worked at my house, like I've done the past several weeks. The daughter I'm currently living with & I went to my other daughter's for family dinner. Now we're ending the day with a movie favorite, Raiders of the Lost Ark. I do have some fabric ordered, so I'll get to sew when it arrives.

WMUTeach 04-13-2020 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8377215)
WMUTeach: A very stunning sampler. Congratulations on another finish.

We also got at least 5.5” of snow. The driveway and streets were warm enough so the snow melted in them which we are thankful for today.

I had to check to see where you lived with all that snow. I am a near neighbor, the mitten state and our UP got lots of snow yesterday. In my part of the mitten, it was only rain and to day it was very windy, 15 - 25 MPH.

retiredteacher09 04-13-2020 05:34 PM

WMUTeach: It was super windy earlier today and then we had snow showers off and on this afternoon. Some places got more snow than we did. Quite a bit melted even though it was in the 30s today.

sewbizgirl 04-13-2020 08:24 PM

We had a terrible storm yesterday. Lines of tornadoes decimated many homes and killed 6 people, statewide. We are thankful everything is ok here at our place, but only half an hour away people are without homes tonight.

NZquilter 04-14-2020 04:12 AM

Goodness, Sewbizgirl, that is terrifying! I heard of the tornados on Easter and was praying for everyone in the paths and thinking of you and your family. I have a huge fear of tornados.

oksewglad 04-14-2020 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8377510)
We had a terrible storm yesterday. Lines of tornadoes decimated many homes and killed 6 people, statewide. We are thankful everything is ok here at our place, but only half an hour away people are without homes tonight.

I was wondering how you were faring..glad you are safe, but so sorry for your "neighbors ". And we had snow here.

joe'smom 04-14-2020 07:19 AM

I'm glad to hear you are okay, sewbizgirl!