Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

zozee 05-06-2020 08:29 PM

Cherryb, I am really sad for you. Losing two friends to this virus must be indescribably painful. Hugs and prayers as you grieve.

Rff1010 05-07-2020 12:44 AM

Retired- that's adorable! Somebody is going to love having a Sesame Street quilt.

QuiltMom2 05-07-2020 03:11 AM

Impressive ruler work on the quilting Rob!
Sesame Street still rules at many houses, that is sure to find a home.
Do you remember me saying "not only do I have my own UFO's but other people's UFO's also come to me?" I can't count this as a finish since my friend won't let me trim and bind, but I've quilted her very first quilt that she took a class to learn piecing. It's lovely and had it been mine, I don't think I could have let it slip into UFO Limbo. She got tired of SITD after 3 out of 9 blocks.

sewbizgirl 05-07-2020 10:26 AM

Great Sesame St. quilt!

I finished one last night... the quilting, that is. I still need to bind it. It's a large, heavy quilt (because of the cotton batting) and I am so glad to get done with it. It's a Bonnie Hunter design with a million tiny pieces.

cherrybsixty 05-07-2020 02:06 PM

Thank you Zozee, for your thoughts

Stay safe

cherryb

Teen 05-08-2020 07:56 PM

Retired....cute Sesame quilt. I haven't done much with Novelty prints but every time I see one like yours, it inspires me to select some prints and make one.

Sewbiz....Bonnie's quilts are monsters so I'm very impressed that you endured the quilting process. well done...Hope you share pic... I am FMQ quilting my Quilter's Patch quilt on my domestic...it's a monster, too...

LTeachergeorge 05-11-2020 07:55 AM

Hello, everyone. Congratulations on all the UFO finishes!! I wasn't going to join this year, as I usually don't get as many UFO's completed as I would hope, but so far this year, I've complete none. LOL. I will not list them as I am one of you who has too many to count. After making a bunch of masks (like most of you), I am working on a "graduation" quilt for BFF's granddaughter. But hopefully, I will have a completed UFO by the end of May. Thank you for all the inspiration here.

Linda in Missouri

WMUTeach 05-11-2020 04:57 PM

Welcome to the UFO Thread

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge (Post 8384674)
Hello, everyone. Congratulations on all the UFO finishes!! I wasn't going to join this year, as I usually don't get as many UFO's completed as I would hope, but so far this year, I've complete none. LOL. I will not list them as I am one of you who has too many to count. After making a bunch of masks (like most of you), I am working on a "graduation" quilt for BFF's granddaughter. But hopefully, I will have a completed UFO by the end of May. Thank you for all the inspiration here.

Linda in Missouri

From one Linda to another, Welcome to our group. As you have seen and will continue to experience, some months we are wildly productive and other months...not so much. I have one UFO for this month, no photo posted yet and another one that is waiting to be quilted. But I have finished a couple of other quilts that were not UFO, just unfinished projects. Set you own goal and enjoy everyone's efforts to escape from under their piles of UFOs. We cheer for all finishes large or small.

petthefabric 05-13-2020 11:56 AM

Finally getting motivated again. Our quilting group is meeting on zoom 2x/wk-getting to talk with people again. Now I'm thinking about what I want to show them and a project I can work on during the meeting. Have to get ready-motivation.

I've got so many UFO's that I don't want to start a new project. Had a top taped to the wall and decided to skip the planned order of finishing. Pulled a fabric from "ages ago fabric storage" for the back. My taste in fashion fabrics has changed so now it goes into quilts. So far it's all been std. Today I can start FMQ

WMUTeach 05-13-2020 05:19 PM

Whoo-Hoo,petthefabric! Getting started is often the biggest hurdle. I meet with my guild twice a week too and love to show off progress and to see progress being showed by others.