Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Conchalea 06-23-2020 09:11 AM

This morning I visited my friend here & she dug through a closet looking for fabric to cover a large cushion. In the depths we found many, & I mean many, finished quilt tops. Her daughter who lives out of state sewed them 15-20 yrs ago. One has been quilted so I brought it home to bind it. It has issues- folds & tucks, but I do not want to take it apart. The top is really pretty & my friend loves it. I will complete it as is & return it to her. I like precision, but I'm not undoing all that stitching. My friend won't care at all. So I hope to add a UFO to our June tally

petthefabric 06-23-2020 03:45 PM

I wouldn't take it out either. Who quilted it, maybe it's part of the love that is comforting.

retiredteacher09 06-23-2020 05:59 PM

Conchalea: Bless you for letting it go and binding it. Your friend’s happiness will make it worth overlooking those issues.

Teen 06-23-2020 06:02 PM

I agree, Conchalea.....the mishaps are part of the character of the quilt. Endearing... I bet those quilts are all beautiful! So coo!

Conchalea 06-24-2020 08:01 AM

Thank you everyone for validating my decision & easing my guilt. The colors used are forest green, cranberry, & a floral with those colors. It looks , feels great, & it will keep someone warm when needed. I completed it & will return it to my friend today. I may not take another yet, my left shoulder is hurting a lot, probably from my activities these past few weeks. I've ridden my motorcycle about 530 miles total, painted 1 bedroom, & sewed a lot too. All of these put a strain on my shoulders, & the left is complaining.

sewbizgirl 06-24-2020 10:38 AM

Conchalea, can we see the quilt?

WMUTeach 06-24-2020 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8396208)

Yes, that would be nice. Please, Please.

Conchalea 06-25-2020 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8396208)

my friend took a picture of it folded so I'll ask her to send it to me. When she does I'll post it.

NZquilter 06-25-2020 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my second UFO of the year. I started it in 2016, aiming for no repeating fabrics. But that's not why it became a UFO. I was using a thrift store white sheet for my background and ran out half way through. I didn't want a difference in shades of white so into the UFO draw it went. I pulled it out last month and decided just to go ahead and finish it with a quilting cotton white. I made a few extra blocks from the Birthday Candy Swap so it would be a nice size throw. I'm really pleased with my first attempt at ruler quilting in the alternating blocks too. It was a fun learning curve.

retiredteacher09 06-25-2020 04:38 PM

NZquilter: Beautiful! Congratulations on learning to ruler quilt.