Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Conchalea 07-20-2020 06:22 PM

Retired, who knew we would both love quilting? I'm glad we do, because we completed another UFO today! Last week we made a baby quilt & diaper bag from start to finish in 2 days so I could deliver it to my sister-in-law. She bought the fabric so it's not a UFO. She loved both, & was surprised by the bag. We had enough left over fabric to make 1, so we went for it. I coached Kathy through it because I have lost the pattern in my move. While she made that I quilted & bound the quilt. We make a good team.

retiredteacher09 07-20-2020 06:50 PM

Conchalea: Congratulations on finishing another UFO! I just smile when I read your posts about your adventures with your friend because I can feel the joy in your heart.

Rff1010 07-21-2020 08:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished!
45x60 pattern from Fabric Cafe 3 yard quilts called "sew fast" . assistance from a YouTube by Sew Very Easy.
it came out very "spotted" which is why I chose straight line quilting to try and control it...still not sure I succeeded. Fabric is from Robert Kaufman and has all these milk bottle caps. So I'm calling it "The Spotted Cow" quilt.
note- pattern calls for 3 yards of backing but I did fine w 2 yards, leftover Fabric B and 2 strips.

Quossum 07-21-2020 08:45 AM

Great quilt, Rff1010! Yes, it is absolutely "dotty," and your quilting did a great job of providing a little contrast to that. I love the style and uniqueness of pieced backs. You've got a fun winner there!

cherrybsixty 07-21-2020 09:48 AM

Good afternoon everyone, Rff101, loving your pieced back, I've gotten into that lately myself. The last three or four quilts I completed have been with pieced backs. They add more meaning to the quilt I think.

Stay safe everyone

cherryb

sewbizgirl 07-21-2020 11:17 AM

Pretty quilt, Rff! Sometimes a simple design is the best choice. It lets the fabric 'do it's thing'.... Fun back, too.

Sync 07-21-2020 12:51 PM

Congrats on your finish Rff.

Krisb 07-21-2020 01:43 PM

Very pretty, rff. I was enjoying reading the logos. And Conchelea and K finished another. Way to go! Almost to double digits. 👏

oksewglad 07-21-2020 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 (Post 8403659)
Finished!
45x60 pattern from Fabric Cafe 3 yard quilts called "sew fast" . assistance from a YouTube by Sew Very Easy.
it came out very "spotted" which is why I chose straight line quilting to try and control it...still not sure I succeeded. Fabric is from Robert Kaufman and has all these milk bottle caps. So I'm calling it "The Spotted Cow" quilt.
note- pattern calls for 3 yards of backing but I did fine w 2 yards, leftover Fabric B and 2 strips.

I'm chuckling to myself here. First off there's a beer in Wisconsin called the Spotted Cow; secondly I just bought 9 yards of the red bottle cap fabric on sale last week thinking to use it in a cow quilt...now you've provided me some fodder for my ideas! Well done.

retiredteacher09 07-21-2020 04:32 PM

Rff1010: Congratulations on a great finish.

oksewglad: I’m chuckling over the statement that you have been provided some fodder for your ideas. I guess some farm terms stick with us forever. Lol!