Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

nancia 08-19-2012 01:11 PM

suzie-- i only have 1 dgk so far, with the dream of a 2nd one in the next couple of years. my daughter is seriously dating a young man who has an almost 6 yr old daughter, also named olivia. this daughter has said in the past that she will have no children, but we will see! if it were up to me i would have 20 grandkids, of course, left to my way i would have had 20 kids! each is a gift! olivia has a couple of internet grand-moms, so if you want one to ooo and ahhhh over, she is available.

goldendog55 08-19-2012 05:09 PM

I really want to get to my project-playing with all my sewing machine stitches to make a picture. I'm taking classes through craftsy, this one is called Stupendous Stitching. Great classes, but i'm stuck in my chair with a blood clot in my leg! I keep hoping for my play time!

SewExtremeSeams 08-19-2012 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55 (Post 5452758)
I really want to get to my project-playing with all my sewing machine stitches to make a picture. I'm taking classes through craftsy, this one is called Stupendous Stitching. Great classes, but i'm stuck in my chair with a blood clot in my leg! I keep hoping for my play time!

Oh, I hope you are better soon. Take care.

nancia 08-19-2012 07:34 PM

om goodness! my sister had that, too! she took up needlepoint, i guess thet means you will be doing handquilting, feel better soon! i believe they are not fun,

tatavw01 08-20-2012 03:27 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, am thinking of joining this group so i would like to show you some of my work. All this work is done on painted wax paper which then becomes fabric paper....with collage, stamps, stencils, tissue paper and more.
Thanks for looking
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]356923[/ATTACH]

chickadeee55 08-20-2012 04:13 PM

I was going to join in this challenge, but I think I missed something, are we suppose to play with some sort of painting on fabric?

I was trying to make my own batik, but I don't think that is going to fit in, if everyone is doing painting. Have enjoyed looking at the samples though. Can't wait to peek in at your finished items.

Linny 08-20-2012 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55 (Post 5455226)
I was going to join in this challenge, but I think I missed something, are we suppose to play with some sort of painting on fabric?

I was trying to make my own batik, but I don't think that is going to fit in, if everyone is doing painting. Have enjoyed looking at the samples though. Can't wait to peek in at your finished items.

I think what you're doing would fit in very nicely.....and when you do something we all like to hear how it was done and anything you might do differently the next time. It's a lot of experimentation and all of the creations are fun to look at and learn from. I've learned a lot....just need to pick one new thing and DO it.....please share anything you're working on.

Linny 08-20-2012 06:06 PM

have to report I painted hollyhocks on cotton with acrylic paints, then ironed both sides. I washed in water after I crinkled it up and paint did not wash off. I did not use soap, but don't usually wash my framed artwork.

lynnie 08-20-2012 07:08 PM

Acrillic paints NEVER comes out of my cloths
No matter whaat i use.

lynnie 08-20-2012 07:08 PM

Also, watered down as a wash, that too never washes out