Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/autumn-evenings-bow-sampler-quilt-along-t291404.html)

Battle Axe 10-17-2017 09:26 PM

Some time around Halloween.

lawsonmugs 10-18-2017 08:22 AM

Marcia, very pretty. I love the purple tips of the leaf.

kristijoy 10-18-2017 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7926710)
Pretty thistle buds too! Great fussy cutting of the star points.

Has Bonnie Hunter posted her intro to the MQ yet... the one with colors, etc? Said I wasn't going to do it this time around, but I might have to make a quarter sized lap quilt, at least. Just to play along...

I'm thinking a quarter size lap quilt too!

kristijoy 10-18-2017 09:28 AM

I got my first block pattern! Gorgeous! Now to noodle around in my stash to find some fun fabrics!

lawsonmugs 10-18-2017 09:42 AM

Can either of you put up a link for it?

SuziSew 10-18-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7926710)
Has Bonnie Hunter posted her intro to the MQ yet... the one with colors, etc? Said I wasn't going to do it this time around, but I might have to make a quarter sized lap quilt, at least. Just to play along...

She hasn't that I've seen. She's getting ready to leave on her trip to China so I'm sure it won't be until the end of October or the beginning of November.

Battle Axe 10-19-2017 04:27 AM

I am most concerned as an entomologist for Bonnie Hunter. She had a tick bite and the tick was a deer tick. She got it in New York where there is a lot of Lyme Disease. I just don't want her over in China when and IF she comes down with full blown Lyme disease.

sewbizgirl 10-19-2017 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 7927383)
I am most concerned as an entomologist for Bonnie Hunter. She had a tick bite and the tick was a deer tick. She got it in New York where there is a lot of Lyme Disease. I just don't want her over in China when and IF she comes down with full blown Lyme disease.

Hopefully not... I live in the middle of the woods in Mississippi and have pulled more ticks off me than I care to count. No Lyme disease. I don't think it's all that common.

Battle Axe 10-20-2017 03:59 AM

It is in New York state. It started around Lyme, Connecitucut. (CT) can't spell.

Did you see the Missouri Star Quilt Co. dresden plate tute this a.m??

happylab 10-20-2017 03:10 PM

I’m in as well this time. I have my batik fabric washed, ironed, and 1st 4 blocks cut. I’m keeping with the same colors, just in betiks. I went to a retreat earlier this week, but never got to the blocks. My sewing machine I took was acting flakey. The bottom thread was too loose, it took a while for me to get it right. I had to mess with both tensions. The machine sewed very well on a thick quillow quilt and top. I have a few more hours to complete that project. If my iPad sends pic I wil post pics when they are completed.

The blocks shown how’s so far are very, very pretty. I hope my is just as nice. Have a great weekend everyone.