Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Sandra-P 01-04-2019 12:26 PM

Sync, Wow, I love the darker blues. Your units will be so pretty in the quilt. Please make sure to post a picture of it when you get some done. I have everything done, just have to start putting it together now. My gitty up has gone off somewhere so I will have to start tomorrow. Everyone has been so fun to do this with this season.

Terry in the ADK 01-04-2019 01:19 PM

Has anyone counted the number of pieces? I love this one too !

Macybaby 01-04-2019 01:46 PM

I've been sewing all afternoon - I'm not going to count as I can't seem to count correctly. Somehow I ended up with about 50 extra 4 patch units. I'll see if I can incorporate them into the border somehow.

joe'smom 01-04-2019 01:53 PM

I love this part of the process, seeing all the quilts take shape. Bonnie did post on Quiltville that she mistakenly had us do too many clue 1s (had lots of stressful stuff going on this year).

AngeliaNR 01-04-2019 02:21 PM

Got my stars together, plus a couple of the others. Thank goodness, this assembly is easier than last year's! All those sashing pieces made me crazy(er)! I like the way this one looks and the pieces are going together smoothly.

JENNR8R 01-04-2019 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The blue/green blocks are finished... This is going to take a while, but at least there are no more clues looming on the horizon to rush me.

Battle Axe 01-04-2019 06:06 PM

All of my chevrons are pointing the wrong way. There has to be a way to salvage this.

Marcia

JENNR8R 01-04-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8186956)
All of my chevrons are pointing the wrong way. There has to be a way to salvage this.

Marcia

Try putting them together with the chevrons the way you made them. It may not look like Bonnie's block, but it would still be interesting. I made some in the wrong direction, and I tried arranging them that way. It's kinda cool... Maybe you will have designed a brand new block.

frustratedquilter40 01-04-2019 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8186956)

Marcia

On BH Facebook page someone had done the same thing but still used them on Quiltville Open Studio Facebook page I wish I could find picture I do not have EQ either . Just look at it as artist license creativity.

Siodach 01-05-2019 01:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a lovely reveal! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So I've been playing around on the design wall. :D

On the plus-side, I was behind on my clues - I hadn't gotten my blue HSTs stitched together yet - but that means that Now I can play around with the layout of my green blocks. I've already found two extra layouts that I like, and there may still be more, so I'm gonna vary the green blocks throughout the top.

On the down-side, I had swapped out orange for brown in the string sets. Unfortunately, my browns and reds are too similar in value. :( Side by side, my cute red 16-patches disappear into a muddy mash with the browns. :rolleyes: The only saving grace there is the flashes of yellow. So I'm gonna have to change out the browns if I want my reds to show well. At this stage I don't think I'd make more string units tho, getting lazy there lol. However, I can think about that while I make up my green units.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606213[/ATTACH]

So there we have it! I will say the brown/red looks better in the photo than in reality lol.

I also have all my green bonus triangles, which are technically too small, but since they're in a border I'm gonna use them as is, and fudge them to fit along the way. (3 of Bonnie's size equals 4 of my size :) ) Saves making more....

I'm looking forward to seeing what it ends up like......

Cheers, K