Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

Battle Axe 01-05-2019 03:42 AM

Barb, if you look on regular facebook and for a poster who did the same thing I did. She has put them together in a pleasing way. I'll try that. Marcia

cindyb 01-05-2019 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 8187048)
What a lovely reveal! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So I've been playing around on the design wall. :D

On the plus-side, I was behind on my clues - I hadn't gotten my blue HSTs stitched together yet - but that means that Now I can play around with the layout of my green blocks. I've already found two extra layouts that I like, and there may still be more, so I'm gonna vary the green blocks throughout the top.

On the down-side, I had swapped out orange for brown in the string sets. Unfortunately, my browns and reds are too similar in value. :( Side by side, my cute red 16-patches disappear into a muddy mash with the browns. :rolleyes: The only saving grace there is the flashes of yellow. So I'm gonna have to change out the browns if I want my reds to show well. At this stage I don't think I'd make more string units tho, getting lazy there lol. However, I can think about that while I make up my green units.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606213[/ATTACH]

So there we have it! I will say the brown/red looks better in the photo than in reality lol.

I also have all my green bonus triangles, which are technically too small, but since they're in a border I'm gonna use them as is, and fudge them to fit along the way. (3 of Bonnie's size equals 4 of my size :) ) Saves making more....

I'm looking forward to seeing what it ends up like......

Cheers, K

I absolutely Love this!!!!! I wish I had EQ to play with this. (can you tell I'm talking myself into it - late Christmas present LOL)

Battle Axe 01-05-2019 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606216[/ATTACH]Here is what I got. Now I can't do it again!! Marcia

QuiltnNan 01-05-2019 06:33 AM

Bonnie Hunter posted on FB today that she does not want EQ workups posted on the public forum, that they are for personal use only. So I guess we cannot post them here, either.

peaceandjoy 01-05-2019 07:25 AM

Marcia, that is beautiful!

Tartan 01-05-2019 08:14 AM

Alert! Bonnie posted on her site that you will have too many of the red 4 patches.

Macybaby 01-05-2019 09:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that the original posted clue called for a lot more than the clue states now. Done in the narrative it states a different number, and that is the number I have - so about 50 more than needed. If you only made what the clue states for now, you won't have the extras.

I know I wrote down what I needed right after the clue was posted that morning. It's not a big deal, better to have the clue corrected than to think I just can't read numbers (since reading numbers is what I do for my job).

joe'smom 01-05-2019 09:24 AM

Marcia, if you want, you can have it look just like Bonnie's, you just have to orient the units differently. However, what you've done is lovely!

Siodach, those flashes of yellow add so much interest!

I spent yesterday experimenting with borders on both of my versions, as I'm really not feeling Bonnie's pieced border. Today I ought to be able to settle down and actually do some sewing!

It is such a treat seeing all the versions. I've seen some with yellow as the red, which look lovely, and there was one with a gold as red and fuschia as orange that I loved. I just don't have the imagination with color that others do.

Battle Axe 01-05-2019 09:44 AM

I had exactly the correct amount of orange strings. Almost done with the reds and oranges.

IrishNY 01-05-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8187127)
Bonnie Hunter posted on FB today that she does not want EQ workups posted on the public forum, that they are for personal use only. So I guess we cannot post them here, either.

Nan, is that true? Bonnie can control her sites but she can't control what people do on other sites. I remember last year people were posting a lot of things here that Bonnie would not have allowed on her site. I would assume that EQ workups would be allowed on this board.