Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

jillmc 01-05-2019 10:51 AM

From Bonnie Hunter’s Facebook post...

“The others - likely didn't know what they were doing was wrong, but do NOT EVER EVER take a designer's pattern, draw it out yourself and post it publicly ANYWHERE. PERIOD.”

Hope I didn’t violate the rules here by copying and pasting her statement....but she is quite clear that she does not want her patterns redrawn and shared on the internet. Hopefully we can respect her request, as she has generously shared her design/teacher skills with us for years. :)

Chehalis 01-05-2019 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I want to make the quilt smaller if I use only 6 blocks the blocks on the ends won't match is that Ok?[ATTACH=CONFIG]606230[/ATTACH]

Krisb 01-05-2019 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chehalis (Post 8187303)
I want to make the quilt smaller if I use only 6 blocks the blocks on the ends won't match is that Ok?[ATTACH=CONFIG]606230[/ATTACH]

I played for a little—was planning on a 1/4 size. Now I am on a 5x5 layout. Back to cutting and sewing extra units.
It is your quilt and make whatever you want.

AngeliaNR 01-05-2019 02:11 PM

I'm sewing the first border to the individual blocks before I sew them together. The second border doesn't work that way, but the first one does.

Making it smaller or larger--I'd keep the number of blocks in each row and the number of rows odd ones to have the stars in the corners of the finished quilt.

Tweety2911 01-05-2019 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice progress on the blocks shown. I have all my blocks sewn and will lay them out tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606232[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 01-05-2019 03:27 PM

Chehalis, that looks so pretty. I have seen quilts as you describe, with a different block on each end. I think it's only a concern if it bothers you.

toverly 01-05-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chehalis (Post 8187303)
I want to make the quilt smaller if I use only 6 blocks the blocks on the ends won't match is that Ok?

I like the colors you chose. I am thinking of making mine rectangular. I think I am going to split blocks to get the size I need. That way the edges will match. It's all personal choice. Some people like whole blocks but I have to have it visually equal. It depends upon which type of designer you would like to be.

b.zang 01-05-2019 04:39 PM

I read Bonnie's blog daily and love the pictures here of everyone's fabric choices. I haven't been able to keep up with the mystery but plan to make this quilt. Looking through this thread will help with my fabric choices.

audsgirl 01-05-2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc (Post 8187259)
From Bonnie Hunter’s Facebook post...

“The others - likely didn't know what they were doing was wrong, but do NOT EVER EVER take a designer's pattern, draw it out yourself and post it publicly ANYWHERE. PERIOD.”

Hope I didn’t violate the rules here by copying and pasting her statement....but she is quite clear that she does not want her patterns redrawn and shared on the internet. Hopefully we can respect her request, as she has generously shared her design/teacher skills with us for years. :)

I agree. I don't know why it is so hard for some people to respect a designer's wishes. It's a small price to pay for someone else doing all the work and generously sharing their projects. I know I couldn't possibly figure out a quilt pattern, and I really appreciate Bonnie and other designers who provide free patterns for others to use.

Leslie

Pagzz 01-05-2019 08:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I worked on Good Fortune with several other ladies at a day retreat center today. Lots of fun and beautiful blocks. Mine are coming together. I am including 2 pics because the colors are better in one and the layout in another.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606244[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606245[/ATTACH]