Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2018-19-mystery-quilt-good-fortune-t300618.html)

cindyb 01-12-2019 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by cindyb (Post 8191264)
I am to the point of the shorter neutral border and am so glad you suggested stitching around it to hold it. I was thinking that they would be coming apart when working with them. Thanks!

PS Since this is a scrappy strip, rather than put in a dart because it's too long, why not just cut it off? Or did I misunderstand your question?

QuiltingVagabond 01-12-2019 06:40 AM

Marcia, absolutely take some tucks if necessary - no one will see it unless you try to do 3 inches in 1 tuck LOL.

joe'smom 01-12-2019 07:16 AM

Last night I cut my constant clue 4 blocks for my bright version; I used my most toned-down orange. Those blocks should be pretty quick sewing today. My first quarter star units are all pinned and about half of the second bunch. I did my bright version clue 5s scrappy, so I wouldn't be able to use those for a border even if I decided I wanted to; it would look weird with the constant orange blocks.

Battle Axe 01-12-2019 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it did come apart in places. One side looks like it was ruffled in a ruffler machine. But it's done. It's repaired and I will take it down off the design wall and........well I'd better not say. Perhaps if I put it in the pile to be quilted it will grow on me.[ATTACH=CONFIG]606625[/ATTACH]Doesn't really lay flat. 74 x 74.

toverly 01-12-2019 07:55 AM

Looks good Battle Axe. I thought this one would wave. I'm sure mine will too. Any time I have borders, the wave gets wavier with each addition. All was well till the green triangles. So, "Long may She wave" is my motto. Afterall, my quilts are seldom folded nice and proper at the foot of the bed. They are crumpled and messy anywan. I like your different blue/green centers and outside border. Looks good.

Battle Axe 01-12-2019 09:18 AM

Toverly, you are so right. Every time I touched that stubby neutral border it wanted to take off like a jet airplane. Sooooo many mistakes, the chevrons the wrong direction, the inclusion of sage into a green recipe, unfamiliarly with sewing on telephone book pages, fuzzy looking blocks due to bad pressing, big mess still on the floor, wrong number of final border blocks, won't lay flat with ruffle edge.

cindyb 01-12-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8191429)
Toverly, you are so right. Every time I touched that stubby neutral border it wanted to take off like a jet airplane. Sooooo many mistakes, the chevrons the wrong direction, the inclusion of sage into a green recipe, unfamiliarly with sewing on telephone book pages, fuzzy looking blocks due to bad pressing, big mess still on the floor, wrong number of final border blocks, won't lay flat with ruffle edge.

OMG!!!!! I think I'm loving your's more than Bonnie's.

KalamaQuilts 01-12-2019 10:34 AM

I made an executive decision this morning to take the orange/yellow strings off and switch to another color, I have lots of string strips done in other colors so it won't be any big time commitment. I love those little red and white blocks, want them to show up more. SO many gorgeous variations on Bonnie's facebook group, I would never make a decision if I ever waited for the mystery to be over before I started :)

JENNR8R 01-12-2019 10:47 AM

Battle Axe... I love how you have done your outside border! I wish I had seen that before I started putting mine on.

Sync 01-12-2019 11:48 AM

Battle Axe, love your completed top .......... waves and all