Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

LadyKassy 01-20-2013 10:30 AM

What a wonderful idea - design someone to be the center of my garden quilt - like Bea butterfly or Chester chipmunk. Or Wanda the Herbalist I will have to get to work on that one. Maybe I can finish that 20 year old quilt now

QuiltE 01-20-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by LadyKassy (Post 5799877)
What a wonderful idea - design someone to be the center of my garden quilt - like Bea butterfly or Chester chipmunk. Or Wanda the Herbalist I will have to get to work on that one. Maybe I can finish that 20 year old quilt now

Go for it!!!!
And right now with snow on the ground, it'd be a welcome site to see!! :)

Fuzzykittenbutt 01-20-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by LadyKassy (Post 5799877)

haha, wanda the herbalist sounds super cute! Can't wait to see what you decide on and how it turns out! :-)

works4me 01-22-2013 09:50 AM

Fuzzy - the quilt turned out beautifully. Such a lucky baby to have such a wonderful item all their own. Nice to know it is being loved already.

LadyKassy - Glad you are going to join us. Like others I'm sure, I'm really curious about Wanda the Herbalist. Sounds like a lot of fun. The other ideas sound great, too.

happykids - hope we can inspire you to start another character quilt and join us in the fun. The variety here, as you've already seen, is amazing.

happykidshappylife 01-26-2013 10:31 AM

Thank you ladies, I actually had just started quilting and with a church group we ended up with 600 various size quilts to donate to charity. I love it when we can get together with friends and share our love of sewing. I am into owls now and I think the next project will have one on it.

happykidshappylife 01-26-2013 10:33 AM

I love your quilt. What a wonderful way to celebrate a friendship. Thanks for sharing!

happykidshappylife 01-26-2013 10:35 AM

Works for me- Thanks, I am excited to keep the sewing bug going. I am making it into my home business actually. So I will have to post what cute projects I encounter.

kuseta 05-01-2013 05:20 AM

Jeremiah the frog

1 Attachment(s)
I can't believe it's been months since I've worked on this. I finished the lilypads the other night. Now I'm deciding what to put around the off center strips. What do you think?

QuiltE 05-02-2013 04:58 AM

Looking Good! You asked about the off-centre strips. Are you meaning the plaid in the centre next to Jeremiah? Try some of that darkish blue, as I think it'll help pull all together, and has a good water-like look to it. Is the plaid your borders? Or your design wall?

kuseta 05-02-2013 05:15 AM

The plaid is my design wall. That dark blue is a pretty batik and will have to get more of it. might use that for borders too. Thanks.