Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Fabric Moratorium 2022 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/fabric-moratorium-2022-a-t317277.html)

oksewglad 01-10-2022 09:54 AM

Great to see so many of us trying to reduce our fabric collections! Onward to 2022!

petthefabric 01-10-2022 12:48 PM

I count this thread as therapy to my fabriholic addiction.

Each year I've had 00's yds outgoing. Compared to before moratorium, I have few yds incoming.
Think I'll count again, this time with the "in".

retiredteacher09 01-10-2022 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
jmoore: Congratulations on getting your only UFO quilted. It’s very pretty.

I finished another top. It measures 60” by 80”. Everything is from my stash. The 16 patch blocks, HSTs, the other 2 smaller blocks, and most of the yellow are batiks and were in donations to my church group over the years. The HSTs and 2 other blocks were already finished by an unknown quilter. 🙂.

I’m glad I took the time and organized the batiks by main color. It was easy to find what I needed since I had recently touched every piece. Lol!

The fabric off to the side is all I had left of the border fabric. I did need to piece strips to finish the last 8” but at least I had enough.

elly66 01-10-2022 06:05 PM

Your tops look great! I just got done pulling two fabrics that have been in my stash for a long time. At least for 15 years and three moves. I decided to challenge myself. For a week, i will look for a pattern to use them in. If i really can't find something, I will sell or donate them. If i find a pattern, i'll start it to work alongside with Bonnie Hunter's mystery.

SusieQOH 01-11-2022 06:29 AM

I'm in! So far I haven't bought one fabric for the BH mystery. I hope this continues.
Thanks, Iceblossom, for starting this. I really want to stop buying!

ckcowl 01-11-2022 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went in this morning to figure out my color palette for this year’s National Quilt Museum bom and found a whole box of grays to blacks that I haven’t touched in 8-9 years- so, toss in some red( plenty of those on the shelves) and I have my palette for this year. Everything I need for the whole project in a box ready for each month. I made the January block but might remake it. After taking the pictures I decided I used too much red. I will let it simmer for a few days…

Iceblossom 01-11-2022 10:08 AM

Super awesome use of the colors! What a great BoM, it's a great "and now it's time for something completely different" than the usual things I do.

I've also been helping a friend with her stash and among her things is a box of grey strips.... it would be perfect for something like that.

retiredteacher09 01-11-2022 04:19 PM

Elly66: Maybe you could make a log cabin or a quilt of HSTs. What 2 colors did you pull out?

ckcowl: Interesting design. Congratulations on getting your project box set for the year!

elly66 01-11-2022 09:32 PM

ck I love that block! Wow!
Retiredteacher one fabric I've decided to do in half square triangles. it's stripes of flowers and stipple. So I cut it apart and will probably make the whole thing in triangles. Got two designs bouncing around for that. The other is 4 yards of tie dye ranging from blue to browns. I was thinking backing for two panels I want to make as wall hangings but it would make a cool log cabin coupled with other earth tones as well. Thanks for the idea.
I enjoyed the challenge of finding a pattern to match the fabric. It's not my normal way of coming up with an idea for a quilt so I really had to think on it.
​​ i 'm curious to try it again sometime.
the best part is it gives me a judge in the right direction stash wise.

ka9sdn 01-12-2022 04:34 AM

Like all the red in your block. I would keep it.