Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

janRN 01-31-2014 02:19 PM

Thank you all so much!! Everyone has been so encouraging and helpful when I've run into a problem (like on every other block!) Mine are a little larger-finish at 5 1/2". I really like scrappy. Surprising that I hated it until we did FWS, my first scrappy. Now you have encouraged me to keep going on DJ. (Don't tell QE but the only reason I did these was to get her to quit nagging LOL!!!)

oksewglad 01-31-2014 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6546892)
Thank you all so much!! Everyone has been so encouraging and helpful when I've run into a problem (like on every other block!) Mine are a little larger-finish at 5 1/2". I really like scrappy. Surprising that I hated it until we did FWS, my first scrappy. Now you have encouraged me to keep going on DJ. (Don't tell QE but the only reason I did these was to get her to quit nagging LOL!!!)

She's really good at it, but you know Anael is learning from her! Yikes!

Honchey 01-31-2014 03:46 PM

Jan, your "Janes" are perfect in my eyes...you've done an amazing job on them...Good for you!!!

Anael 02-01-2014 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6546968)
She's really good at it, but you know Anael is learning from her! Yikes!

OK, QuiltE is still better at nagging :D :D :D

deranged_damsel 02-01-2014 05:23 AM

I did NOT start it!!! ..... at least not this time :cool:

gardnergal970 02-01-2014 06:27 AM

I've been getting notices for this thread but haven't opened them because I hadn't done anything with that special fabric and didn't want anyone to know and didn't know that it had turned into our little own DJ thread!:D You guys are so sneaky! Well I'm working with that special fabric and will be able to post a picture in a few weeks. I need one more MB. In the meantime, I will ohh and Awwwww over your beautiful DJ blocks!

QuiltE 02-01-2014 10:51 AM

** bats eyes innocently**
♪♫♪Who Me?????????????? ♪♫♪

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!! :D:D

Sometimes she just KNOWS that her FRIENDS just want some gentle encouragement!!!!!!!m :):)

GGal ...
look forward to seeing both your DJ blocks ... and your FFC project. Mine is coming soon, too ... well, I did promise it before the year was up for this thread!! :))

gardnergal970 02-02-2014 05:32 AM

QuiltE....I admired the red and white DJ....I never committed to making one!!! ;) It is on my bucket list but it hasn't risen to the top yet. My main goals this year are beginning to get comfortable doing my own quilting, making good progress on the appliqué quilt and one BOM. I also want to get more of my scraps used up so that means a couple of scrappy quilts along the way. Now just put your arm twister away:D:D!!!!

QuiltE 02-02-2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6549998)
................I also want to get more of my scraps used up so that means a couple of scrappy quilts along the way. Now just put your arm twister away:D:D!!!!

........... so that could also mean a scrappy DJ!!!! :D:D
Might as well kill two birds with one stone ....
.....and with some more applique practice tossed in for a hat trick of reasons!!! :D:D:D

janRN 02-02-2014 08:27 AM

Another one joining the nagging party Ggal!! Think of all the DJs you could make and just use up scraps; they take so little fabric. And think of the practice you would get with the applique blocks!! No pressure, just some friendly suggestions she says innocently LOL.