Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

gardnergal970 05-15-2014 04:41 AM

Love the chocolate with pink icing, Mirabelle.
OK...I'm just about hooked in miniatures. I saw a couple miniatures done up in one of the shops I visited and fell in love with it. I got the pattern and have done a couple of sample blocks...the squares finish to 1/2 inch. One thread off stands out like a sore thumb. I don't think I could do an entire day of those blocks but with a little planning, it could be a nice change of pace and maybe have an entire quilt in a year or so!

oksewglad 05-15-2014 06:52 AM

GGal--oh another convert! The next step is to use 3/4" pieces:D

Anael 05-15-2014 07:01 AM

OK, we're not all insane :D :D :D

Anael 05-15-2014 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6716796)
Oh but you seem to be finding 36 with your Ode to Mom progress! :)

I actually did one block today, just echo quilting and started with another one. Have to go now, having dinner with my group of special people tonight :)

oksewglad 05-15-2014 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6717194)
OK, we're not all insane :D :D :D

Are you insinuating that some of us are? Oh and who's doing the Insane quilt, may I ask?:D :D:D

Anael 05-15-2014 10:47 AM

I didn't say I'm not :D :D :D Insane quilt? Who, me????????????? :D :D :D

QuiltE 05-15-2014 02:11 PM

GGal ... think of all the minis you did for your FWS and PC! :) ITA one thread off and ouch .. or slightly not square, big eyesore! :) Though satisfaction of completing a WHOLE quilt is something else. Granted some of those minis do take quite a bit of time. I've been really enjoying doing my monthly theme blocks ... want to join me with a series of minis too?? So how was the Great-Get-Away?? Are you back home yet?

OKSGlad ... thanks for leading the way, and planting the seeds of encouragement!

Anael ... YOU can stop batting those innocent insane eyes NOW! :D:D
Have a FUN night out with your special people! :) They are so fortunate to have you to make sure they get out on outings like these.

solstice3 05-15-2014 04:52 PM

Cute tree and tea pot

Anael 05-15-2014 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6717700)

Anael ... YOU can stop batting those innocent insane eyes NOW! :D:D
Have a FUN night out with your special people! :) They are so fortunate to have you to make sure they get out on outings like these.

:D :D :D I'm totally (in)sane :D :D :D
That bunch of special people is going out more often than I do ! ! We had a great time and they all enjoyed dinner and the company.

QuiltE 05-16-2014 05:04 AM

I can believe that:D
.... their going out more, and your being totally (in)sane! :)