Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

Anael 06-01-2014 04:58 AM

Oh my, I totally forgot to comment on your FMQ ! ! ! ! Your quilting is beautiful, you've gotten very good at it! Love all the different designs!

DogHouseMom 06-01-2014 08:05 AM

QuiltE ... the quilting designs you chose are PERFECT!!! Love the daisy chain and the fan around the siggy blocks is totally spot on!!

I just love the way this quilt came together. Especially the TATW setting for the blocks. Just perfect.

I think an Avatar change is called for. This is YOUR "signature" quilt!!

Bravo my friend!!!

granny_59 06-01-2014 11:29 AM

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW and again WOW!!!!!

QuiltE, I love the way your ideas for the quilt came together. I think this is what quilting is all about. Perfect Pattern, perfect piecing and perfect quilting!! Congratulation to such a special quilt.

Granny

oksewglad 06-01-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6739956)
QuiltE ...

I think an Avatar change is called for. This is YOUR "signature" quilt!!

Exactly:thumbup:

heather1949 06-02-2014 11:14 PM

All are beautiful, well done.

gardnergal970 06-03-2014 03:55 AM

QuiltE...I love how you said that the quilt kind of "grew". It's such a tribute to your creativity. It's so beautiful. Now I have to admit and ask your forgiveness for grumbling when you first sent the FQ and then your siggie. :oIt just didn't seem to fit with anything that I was doing but as you know it finally made it's way into my PC exchange block quilt and I too have a "friends around the world" quilt to snuggle in. Thank you ever so much!:thumbup:

QuiltE 06-03-2014 04:50 AM

**blush**
You're all being just too over kind with your words.
Thanks for giving me the inspiration!!!!!!

GGal ... Looks like we were much on the same wave length. You dug into your creativity reserves and came up with a terrific quilt, combining two sets of exchange blocks. Amazing!!!!! I think yours grew too ... didn't you start out planning a wall hanging? BTW ... I don't think you ever posted that pic on this thread. Would you, please?

As you picked up on it, ... mine just "grew"!!! I started with playing with the blocks for a typical runner or topper, and at first, I was going for the topper layout, much like they are in the quilt. Then started adding the TATW fabrics. When I got out to the edge, I liked the look that was happening, but it just looked incomplete. So cut some more blocks .... now it was starting to look better. Then decided needed a bit more length ... more blocks cut. It took some creative re-arranging though, as I would decide on where to put them, but be a block or two short. All the fabrics got used up, except the light green with the roses. I do have a runner that I made once the top was made that used the leftovers and it became a practice piece before the FMQing on the real thing happened!

deranged_damsel 06-07-2014 07:50 AM

Oh my!.... Im crying now! darn it! where are the tissues?.....

It means so MUCH to be part of such a BEAUTIFUL quilt :D made by WONDERFUL QuiltE and contributed by so much TALENT

{{{ HUGS QuiltE }}}

QuiltE 06-07-2014 07:58 AM

**sob** **sob** **sniff** **sniff**

Oh sure ...... all you wanted to do was to get me sobbing! :D

How was the holiday??? :)

QuiltE 06-15-2014 05:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finallllllllllly .... Jane's May Blues ..... I only got six completed. However, with the extras from earlier months, I still have my 13 per month average, with a couple of spares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479195[/ATTACH]

Now for All The Blues together ......... 80 total!!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479196[/ATTACH]