Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

Blueridgebeverly 03-19-2021 05:30 AM

Mkotch, that moody bloom fabric is gorgeous and look great in your blocks. I think the air castle fabric fits in beautifully.

DottyD 03-20-2021 08:05 AM

Hi everyone, so it is a week since I posted the first four weeks of blocks - how are you all getting on ? Have I given you too many blocks to do --- or not enough ? Hope you are all enjoying making them. If you have any questions - please do ask !! Have a nice weekend x

WMUTeach 03-20-2021 04:25 PM

Too many or not enough? Hummm. Since I haven't made any yet, I am going to say just right. I can always do more if I get the yen to make more. One more quilt top in progress to finish then I can get started on our journey.

joe'smom 03-20-2021 04:44 PM

I haven't started either, being without a machine (should have it back soon), but the pace seems just right to me, too (speaking theoretically). Fast enough to be a challenge but not so fast as to be daunting.

Blueridgebeverly 03-20-2021 05:39 PM

Two per week is a good pace for me. I plan to make more when I can. I made A-3 Blocks and Stars as an extra for this week.

Mkotch 03-21-2021 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dottie, I think 2 per week is just right. I like to get a project box out and work on everything I need to do all at once. Then I put it away and work on another quilt's blocks for the month. That includes the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (making two different quilts for this each month), Dear Jen, and another one organized by Aby Dollinger. This routine seems to help me get things done and I definitely don't get bored!

I did finish another four Harriet's blocks and love the way they are turning out. Here's a photo.

Macybaby 03-21-2021 03:13 AM

Mkotch, those look nice. It's fun seeing the different colors everyone is working with.

I'm fine with two blocks a week, and liked getting 8 at a time so I can work at my own pace. I also like getting out the tote and working on several, then going on to the next project. I'm also working on the Dear Jen and just started Dear Jane. Not sure if I'm going to start one more sampler yet (Nearly Insane) and if I do I'll be working on 4 samplers at the same time.

Part of the reason I'm doing this is to slow down on the rate of completed floppies until I get my backlog quilted.

Macybaby 03-21-2021 07:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
IN between the HJ blocks, I 'm started the Dear Jane. I think I'm going to skip anything I can't sew by machine, so we'll see where I end up. Not decided on the applique blocks, so I'll leave them for now.

Here is my first set of 9. these finish at 4.5", the second pick is compared to the HJ blocks that will finish at 6".

QuiltingVagabond 03-21-2021 12:40 PM

I finished 3 of the blocks while at retreat this weekend, but I want to take the book and have it spiral bound so it is easier to copy/trace the patterns. There is not a CD or patterns online anywhere are there? Once I can make good copies I will be good to go.

toverly 03-21-2021 01:10 PM

I agree with 2 a week. I have worked on all 8 so far, it gives me time to switch to other projects. I'll photograph them soon.