Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

DottyD 05-19-2021 06:06 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8484908)
Beth, love your blocks, I've been trying to figure out how to put all my blocks in a grid too, but I'm also not opposed to moving them around for better color placement. I know there is a way to grid photos because I've seen some for Dear Jane blocks. Still looking for that info...

I had one when I was making my my Dear Jane - with thanks to my hubby. He found a programme that Sharon Mastbrook had shared - but she took it down. Several others have asked me over the years and sadly I am unable to help.

My Dear Jane is shown in the link below !

Does anyone have the problem I seem to be having ?
Every time I come out of QB - even for just a short time - I have to Log in again, even though I tick the "Remember Me " box. Is this the normal circumstance !

I am off to my next block now !!

toverly 05-19-2021 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8484908)
Beth, love your blocks, I've been trying to figure out how to put all my blocks in a grid too, but I'm also not opposed to moving them around for better color placement. I know there is a way to grid photos because I've seen some for Dear Jane blocks. Still looking for that info...

I know Dear Jane has a program to place photos. I have seen it also. My tech guy, my son, says it might be able to be done in Excel. Haven't tested that one. You could always do the same with the grid, just move the finished block photos around instead of the fabrics.

joe'smom 05-19-2021 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD (Post 8484926)
Does anyone have the problem I seem to be having ?
Every time I come out of QB - even for just a short time - I have to Log in again, even though I tick the "Remember Me " box. Is this the normal circumstance !

I have had that happen from time to time, but not recently. I'm trying to remember if did something to fix it or if it just stopped happening on its own.

Teen 05-19-2021 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used an Excel spreadsheet for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and it worked good enough for me... Here it is... I'm not using one for Harriet since I am following in order of rows and assembling as I go...

Mkotch 05-19-2021 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my latest blocks. I'm not using a grid or anything to organize them. I usually just move them constantly until I think they look good. I have been thinking about quilting in sections, though, so I may very well change my mind (not unusual either!).
Marianne

toverly 05-19-2021 12:01 PM

Really great colors! Marianne. Love the addition of black among them. Good job.

joe'smom 05-19-2021 06:08 PM

Great blocks, MKotch! Really fun and interesting.

sewbizgirl 05-20-2021 06:57 AM

Those are beautiful blocks, MKotch.

BethA 05-20-2021 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great Job Marianne on your blocks, they are beautiful.

I am working on finishing up my Syvlias Bridal Sampler. I have the first the first half done. See attached. Do I need to add a border?? I think I might. Any ideas on color of border??

toverly 05-20-2021 12:17 PM

Those are awesome, BethA. Are they 6 1/2 also or larger? I have looked at that book but can't remember. I would border in my favorite color. I have heard and tend to agree, whatever color the border is, that's the colors that pop in the quilt. So what is your favorite color?