Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

DottyD 02-16-2021 02:58 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8461524)
Yes, I did my Sylvia on the board and shared progress on the Sylvia thread. I remember your Sylvia getting a ribbon at a show. I ordered my HJ book yesterday. I’ll have it if I decide to go for it.

Wow - what a good memory Teen, yes I did, I got a "First " place in the Sampler Quilt category at the National Championships here in the UK in 2017. I was thrilled to bits !! Thank you x

DottyD 02-16-2021 03:00 PM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 8461574)
You're doing great DottyD. dyanne is a local friend of mine, Welcome dyanne and Teen.

Thank you so much toverly - I hope everyone can just have a lot of fun !!

WMUTeach 02-17-2021 03:59 AM

Received a message from Amazon alerting me to that my order of the Harriet's Journey book will be.....arriving early! Wow what a change from December and holiday ordering. It should be here tomorrow, Thursday!

DottyD 02-17-2021 04:32 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8461659)
Received a message from Amazon alerting me to that my order of the Harriet's Journey book will be.....arriving early! Wow what a change from December and holiday ordering. It should be here tomorrow, Thursday!

Wonderful !! I can feel you excitement !!

Blueridgebeverly 02-17-2021 07:45 AM

My book arrived a few minutes ago! Now I have to figure out my fabric strategy.

QuiltingVagabond 02-17-2021 08:43 AM

I may have to join you all, your excitement is contagious! I am not one to buy a lot of books, because there are so many patterns out there (and in my sewing room, haha). But Harriet's Journey spoke to me, and I ordered it a couple of months ago. So even though I have several other big projects going, including a Dear Jane, I will try to keep up with this sewalong as well.
Now to find some fabric...

DottyD 02-17-2021 09:05 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly (Post 8461729)
My book arrived a few minutes ago! Now I have to figure out my fabric strategy.

Great news, one step nearer to starting !

DottyD 02-17-2021 09:13 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8461742)
I may have to join you all, your excitement is contagious! I am not one to buy a lot of books, because there are so many patterns out there (and in my sewing room, haha). But Harriet's Journey spoke to me, and I ordered it a couple of months ago. So even though I have several other big projects going, including a Dear Jane, I will try to keep up with this sewalong as well.

Wonderful, great to have you join us ! I loved making my Dear Jane and I have made both of Jennifer Chiaverini's other quilt books, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and The Loyal Union Sampler. It will be great to make Harriet's Journey with you all !

WMUTeach 02-17-2021 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8461742)

Tee-Hee-Hee! I have the Farmer's Wife sampler quilt going from about 4 years ago sitting in my UFO basket. But I only have about 30 - 35 more blocks to go. So I just had to start another.https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wink.png Silly me. It would be wonderful, grand, amazing to get them both done in 2021.

toverly 02-18-2021 04:43 AM

Anticipation is building. I keep changing my mind about fabrics. It may mean that I start several versions then decide which one I like best. I'm oh so tempted to start with new fabric. Never really done that, I always start with my stash.