Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Harriet's Journey BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/harriets-journey-bom-t314256.html)

DottyD 11-02-2021 10:58 AM

Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 8517125)
I'm going to a retreat this weekend, and plan to finish as many Harriet blocks as possible! I would like to get this one done so that I can move on to the Bonnie Hunter mystery later this month. Wish me luck!!

Hope you have a great time at your retreat - and get lot's of blocks done !

WMUTeach 11-03-2021 04:03 AM

Oh, a retreat. My quilting group cancelled their fall retreat. I seemed very odd not to pack up and take off for a long week-end early in October. I miss the chatter, focused piecing and quilting and more chatter with like minded friends. Lucky duck you, Quilting Vagabond.. Enjoy!

joe'smom 11-04-2021 08:08 AM

I hope you have a great time QuiltingVagabond, and make good progress on your blocks!

I found my border fabric for Harriet, an aqua toile by 3 Sisters.

joe'smom 11-05-2021 06:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for this month (I already had the Ds done because of working ahead). Throughout the journey I have continued to make questionable fabric choices that I know will not be optimal; I think it's a matter of curiosity about how they will look overriding my good sense..

I have only eight more blocks to go (!), not counting the two remaining applique blocks. I'm currently working on the oak leaves, which are not as impossible as I thought they would be.

WMUTeach 11-06-2021 03:27 AM

How courageous of you to use stripes. I avoid them because I want struggle with getting them going in the "right" direction. Why give myself a frustration headache, I say? Good for you.

QuiltingVagabond 11-07-2021 01:57 PM

Just home from the retreat, I was able to finish 21 Harriet blocks, including the ones for November. I will post a picture once I get them uploaded. I still have 15 or 16 to go I think. Once I got to the retreat, I discovered I didn't have much of my background with me (lots more at home of course). So it became a little mind game to see if I could make it last. I came home with slightly more than a 12 inch square LOL.

QuiltingVagabond 11-07-2021 03:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My November blocks

WMUTeach 11-07-2021 04:29 PM

Congrats, QuiltingVagavond. Good progress on your blocks. Sometimes having a shortage forces us to be creative! Good work, my quilting friend.

Mkotch 11-08-2021 03:24 AM

Quilting Vagabond, your blocks look great! Sounds like the finish line is in sight for you after your hard work at the retreat!

joe'smom 11-17-2021 05:37 PM

I have finished my blocks (!), except for the two remaining applique blocks. Next job is to figure out how I want to enlarge the several wonky, smaller by more than 1/8 inch blocks, and finalize my sashing idea.