Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Lap quilts for Hospice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/lap-quilts-hospice-t298771.html)

amalia64 09-11-2018 03:48 PM

I never donated a quilt to Hospice but I am in the challenge.. Do like the cause of Hospice.. Have started with one. Will make 2. Will mayb more..

Libster 09-11-2018 03:57 PM

Thank you, amalia64.

amalia64 09-22-2018 06:47 PM

So I have done 3 quilts so far, planning to do one more. so then I can get started on my next challenge.. First one I did was using flannel scraps I had. Second two I challenged myself in doing quillows. Have to say I luv them. Hopefully I will be able to download pics when done with the 4th one.. I asked around and found out there is a few Hospice companies in town.. So the challenge will be picking one Hospice to donate my quilts... Happy Quilting All!!

Libster 09-23-2018 02:44 AM

Way to go, Amalia64!

sewbizgirl 09-30-2018 09:51 PM

Great idea, Libster! I'm maxxed out on charity quilting with the group I work with (quilts for organ transplant recipients, and also local children's shelters), or I would join you in supporting hospice. It's a great thing to do with our sewing/quilting talents.

sewbizgirl 09-30-2018 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8118242)
My mom was given one of those fringed fleece blankets while she was in the nursing home. She actively hated it.

So... what are you saying, exactly? How does your comment add to the enthusiasm for this charity project? I'm sure no one is going to have a blanket forced on them. If they don't want it they should say so, so it can go to someone else who does.

Libster 10-01-2018 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8135791)
Great idea, Libster! I'm maxxed out on charity quilting with the group I work with (quilts for organ transplant recipients, and also local children's shelters), or I would join you in supporting hospice. It's a great thing to do with our sewing/quilting talents.

Sewbiz, you're doing a great job with your donations too. I think we're on the right track as long as we give something back. We're holding a no-sew workshop at church this Wednesday night for Linus Project. They'll be made using fleece. So far we have about 50 people signed up to be there. I'm kinda' excited about participating in this one.

Psychomomquilter 10-06-2018 01:36 AM

I also have decided to do my part in donating to a worthy cause.

Libster 10-06-2018 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter (Post 8138516)
I also have decided to do my part in donating to a worthy cause.

Thank you, Psychomomquilter. You will be blessed by giving back.

bearisgray 10-06-2018 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8135793)
So... what are you saying, exactly? How does your comment add to the enthusiasm for this charity project? I'm sure no one is going to have a blanket forced on them. If they don't want it they should say so, so it can go to someone else who does.

She did not like the tied fringes. And it was returned to the nursing station.