Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Newbies challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/newbies-challenge-t38362.html)

GrammaO 04-02-2010 10:30 AM

I'm up for adoption too! Or at least would like a peer-partner to bounce things off of. If anyone is interested, let me know!

tkhooper 04-02-2010 11:23 AM

I can understand why people don't want to read an entire thread but it make admin a real pain. I need to post something at the top of the next page so I'm going to do some posting here to finish this one.

tkhooper 04-02-2010 11:25 AM

GrammaO have you pm'ed anyone that fits your requirements and asked them if they are interested?

Go to the Group Activities "Quilting Adoptions" (help a newbie) link and look at everyones experience. I'm sure your going to find several people that would love to mull things over with you.

tkhooper 04-02-2010 11:25 AM

Alu_Rathbone if you want to be adopted please PM me and I'll put you on the list. Include in your pm those things you would like to learn.

tkhooper 04-02-2010 11:28 AM

If you would like to be added to the group activity click on my screen name or icon. Then click on Send PM. That way I'll know you want to be added.

GrammaO 04-02-2010 12:34 PM

Ok, my ignorance is really showing here, but I honestly don't have a clue how to find the links you are sending me to. Of course, it took me a week to figure out how to PM someone, so I know I am just being obtuse, Sorry :-( This message board is so much fun, and I really don't mean to make your job as admin harder! Just new at it and still learning. Thanks for your endless patience!

sirstitchalot 04-02-2010 01:54 PM

Ok Im a guy- but theres much more I dont know than do! I probably need to be adopted but am willing to share what I know!
I havent even quilted a major project yet and guess at most of the posted abrevs. lol
I can piece really well though but I do everything pretty much 'Old School'.
Count me in though its a wonderful idea oh yeah come on GUYS I'm calling you out!! I know your out there :thumbup:

Up North 04-02-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by sirstitchalot
Ok Im a guy- but theres much more I dont know than do! I probably need to be adopted but am willing to share what I know!
I havent even quilted a major project yet and guess at most of the posted abrevs. lol
I can piece really well though but I do everything pretty much 'Old School'.
Count me in though its a wonderful idea oh yeah come on GUYS I'm calling you out!! I know your out there :thumbup:

PM tkhooper to join up! Glad to have a dad or Son on board!

Chigger Holler Quilter 04-03-2010 04:25 PM

Fariygirl 721 I'd love to "adopt" you. Will check out the process and get back to you.

Chigger Holler Quilter 04-03-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by fairiegirl721
Hello,
I am uber new to quilting. Actually haven't even started yet. I have a local friend who is also on board to help me start but would love to have a mommy and daddy to also get me going with another craft.

I would to adopt you. I grew up in WA. (I graduated from NK...a long time ago. LOL) We moved to Missouri about 3 years ago. I love to quilt and would to be happy to help however I can.