Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

jclinganrey 06-07-2019 05:55 AM

Very nice IC's ladies! Lots of wonderful finishes.

IrishMom 06-07-2019 06:12 AM

Darcy -- awesome masculine looking quilt! That question pops up a lot on these boards, who thought the answer would be an Irish Chain!

TheMerkleFamily 06-07-2019 09:21 AM

DarcyShannon - maybe a monofilament thread? I think there’s one called smoke that might blend in all the blocks?

BTW - I love your color way choice for a masculine quilt! Can’t wait to see how you decide to quilt it!

cherrybsixty 06-07-2019 12:46 PM

Thank you Christine, for the invite I am really lending toward coming aboard and if I do dig into my stash I think I'll use all my reds and go pink for my background. Right now, just trying to get my 9 and 10 yo g-grand daughters use to using the machine. Give me a few more days and I'll jump in.

Have a productive weekend everyone, the pix are great

Cherryb

sunrise450 06-08-2019 05:39 AM

I'm jumping aboard as of this afternoon. Mine will be scrappy and the background will be white on white. I plan to cut (background) and package up as a kit. I am in two BOM's and this will be worked on in between boms. The only problem is that I can't send photos.

happylab 06-08-2019 07:26 PM

At the end of next week I will seriously start working on mine. I figure my BHMQ 2018 will be completed (top). I will be doing a controlled dis (double Irish star) pattern, king size. It was a QAL by quilting the past last year. I cut out all of the blocks, but got side tracked with the BHMQ project. I’m so glad this thread was started and I will have encouragement in completing this project.

I always enjoy seeing everyone’s projects. Looking forward to seeing them being completely done.

jmoore 06-10-2019 02:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 8262635)
Very nice IC's ladies! Lots of wonderful finishes.

I won’t be finished with mine anytime soon...that’s what I like about this project, I have constructed 7 scrappy blocks and 6 background blocks so far. I spent all day outdoors yesterday getting my vegetable garden planted. : )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]613714[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613715[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 06-10-2019 05:44 AM

I'm envious of your big veggie garden, jmoore! We had to give up on ours, because the deer and rabbits got everything. I loved gardening, tho.

I sandwiched my IC top and will have it quilted soon. Will show you all when it's a finished quilt.

juliasb 06-12-2019 03:18 AM

I have begun! Making this totally scrapy is more than a bit of a challenge since there are hundreds of 2 1/2" squares. I have a plan to make it work a bit quicker.and of course I will get it done. I have decided on the full size and will increase it a bit with a wide boarder at the end.
I already ran into one problem. Of course my brain wasn't working when I started cutting and I cut my background pieces to small. Not once but twice. I am back on track now and hope to get a good deal done over the next few days. Progress pics will be here in a few days.

TheMerkleFamily 06-12-2019 04:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome aboard Happylab, Sunrise 450 & Juliasb! Looking forward to your progress pics.

JMoore - You've sure been busy in the garden! Can't imagine the harvest you'll enjoy :) I live near several local farmers that have fantastic road-side produce stands, therefore, I gave up growing my own produce a few years ago. Today I plan to pick berries at our local berry farm and make blueberry and blackberry jam.

SBG - looking forward to seeing your quilted IC

I haven't worked on my IC this week as my DMIL came to visit and after seeing my IC blocks was inspired to begin her own. I had asked her to bring some of her own fabric stash, I cut-up squares for her and she got busy on my Juki sewing away! She hasn't sewn for years and years but I think she now has the IC bug :) So happy to see her sew happy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613761[/ATTACH]