Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

jmoore 06-14-2019 03:01 AM

Great scrappy IC Judy...since you have so many 2 1/2” squares, you may have to make a second one. : )

juliasb 06-14-2019 06:18 AM

I have now 23 blocks completed and looks like I have 6 or so to finish to make the full size quilt. I plan on putting a nice boarder on it too. If all goes well today or tomorrow I will have all my blocks done. Right now I have everything laying on the floor. It is amazing just how scrappy it is looking. I can tell you one thing. If my vision were better it would much nicer. Fortunately no one will see the finished product but me and I know I will not be doing anything with individual 2 1/2" squares again in the near future! I usually make queen or king size quilts but this one will be only a full. I am loving how it is coming out pattern wise but this is a hard one to square up. I am glad that when I put it on the quilting machine (mid arm) I will be able to stretch it some this way and that to even it up some.

juliasb 06-14-2019 07:45 AM

scrappy double Irish Chain

Well I am going to finally get around to posting a pic of what I have finished so far. The next pic after this will be the finished top with a nice boarder. I will then post another pic after I have it quilted. So here is pic #1.

juliasb 06-14-2019 07:54 AM

scrappy double Irish Chain

1 Attachment(s)
I have not uploaded more than 1 pic before so bare with me here.

jclinganrey 06-14-2019 09:05 AM

FYI - - - Fabric.com was bought out by Amazon - - -

TheMerkleFamily 06-14-2019 09:36 AM

Beautiful finish, Judy!

Julia - your scrappy looks great to me :) I've discovered a good 1/4" seam allowance is important when sewing all of these little pieces. Also, I'm doing a fair amount of ironing in hopes to have flatter seams that nest together. I think I'll be trimming a few blocks a wee bit before putting them all together. I'm resolved to the fact mine will be a 'scrappy quilt' in every stretch of the imagination but I'm really enjoying it :)

I'll be plugging along as time permits - look forward to seeing progress reports as they're available!

Queenbarbiej 06-14-2019 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've worked some more on my Irish Chain quilt. I have 6 more birds to add to this. I just need to make the scrappy units.[ATTACH=CONFIG]613853[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 06-14-2019 09:21 PM

Those birds are gorgeous...

juliasb 06-15-2019 09:36 AM

My imagination genes must be out to lunch somewhere. I would never have thought to put those gorgeous birds in this quilt the way you have. It is more than heavenly!

jclinganrey 06-15-2019 09:51 AM

Wow! That's quite a quilt, Queenbarbiej.