Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

edensgaite 06-17-2019 08:17 AM

Awesome quilt. ..and finished already! I keep glancing over at my stash with anticipation. I hope to start in a week or so..if its not toooo late.

Queenbarbiej 06-17-2019 08:28 AM

No it's not tooo late. This is suppose to be at your leisure. I wanted to make it bigger but I ran out of the lavendar fabric I used for the birds to make more. I'm happy with it. It's a nice throw size.

juliasb 06-17-2019 08:57 AM

I should have the top finished today so I can start quilting it. I am very pleased with how it is looking. Right now just trying to figure out what type of boarder I want to put on it.

juliasb 06-17-2019 08:58 AM

I can't get over how stunning you quilt is. I am shaking my head in amazement. Just beautiful I love your boarder!

Queenbarbiej 06-17-2019 11:18 AM

Thanks is a simple boarder of 2.5" strips sewn together then cut to 5.5" width. It ends up being 5.5"x width of quilt.

juliasb 06-18-2019 05:12 AM

scrappy double Irish Chain

1 Attachment(s)
My quilt top is finished and ready to go on the frame! I will machine quilt it but first I have to choose the right backing for it. That only means a trip into the other room to see what I have that will fit with as little waste as possible. Of course there is never any real waste. Scraps reign! So here is a pic of where we are now the next pic will be weeks off (possibly sooner) when I have the quilted and bound quilt ready to display.

QuiltnNan 06-18-2019 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8266884)
My quilt top is finished and ready to go on the frame! I will machine quilt it but first I have to choose the right backing for it. That only means a trip into the other room to see what I have that will fit with as little waste as possible. Of course there is never any real waste. Scraps reign! So here is a pic of where we are now the next pic will be weeks off (possibly sooner) when I have the quilted and bound quilt ready to display.

very pretty

sewbizgirl 06-18-2019 07:17 AM

It looks great, Julia! You put me to shame. I have had my top finished and sandwiched for weeks now. Need to get it quilted!

I think we will be seeing two more completed quilts here soon. :p

Queenbarbiej 06-18-2019 11:21 AM

I am waiting on some dark purple fabric to go on the back. I need your opinion on quilting my IC. I was thinking of stitch in the ditch around the birds and doing feathers in the chain blocks. Do you think the feathers will be too much since I have the birds? I am planning on using a lavender 30wt thread. I also have a verigated purple thread in 30 wt. Maybe lavender on top and purple verigated on the bottom.

sheilar 06-18-2019 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine, just need to quilt it