Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

TheMerkleFamily 07-21-2019 01:11 PM

Lovely Jaba! Your 2 1/2" squares are so bright & beautiful and that blue (almost looks periwinkle) is fantastic!

Funny thing about having started this Irish Chain sew-along is that it seems I've cut up more 2 1/2" squares than I've used to nearly complete the blocks! I've been working on this in-between some other projects and I've cut/stored and have more squares than I started with! I'm beginning to understand what everyone means when they say 'My scraps are multiplying!'

sewbizgirl 07-22-2019 11:16 AM

Love that blue background, Jaba. It really contrasts the other colored squares.

givio 07-22-2019 04:31 PM

Jaba! That blue background is the bee's knees! Love it! I guess you didn't do the sew along? Or you sewed along, but changed up the candy pattern to include the white and blue in your own design?

jaba 07-22-2019 06:08 PM

Same pattern, just changed the white and blue color. I already have a bunch of quilts made with white or black decided to try a different color

elly66 07-23-2019 05:57 AM

Jaba that is a wonderful contrast.

thimblebug6000 07-25-2019 02:49 PM

Wow, lots of stitching happened while I was away, thanks for the pictures, love all of them!

jmoore 07-26-2019 02:00 AM

Jaba, I love how you switched up your background color...the blue works fantastic with your colorful squares.

Christine, hang on to those 2 1/2 inch squares, they’ll come in handy for sure.
Elly, I was able to spend a couple of hours in my sewing room this week and finished the last of my 32 scrappy blocks now all I have is to co,let another 15 or so of my background blocks.
I am attending classes for 2 days at the Maine Quilt Show...I took Timna Tarr’s class yesterday morning and a longarm class with Debby Brown in the afternoon. Today is mostly lectures.

AnngelAnne 07-26-2019 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8281186)
Jaba, I love how you switched up your background color...the blue works fantastic with your colorful squares.

Christine, hang on to those 2 1/2 inch squares, they’ll come in handy for sure.
Elly, I was able to spend a couple of hours in my sewing room this week and finished the last of my 32 scrappy blocks now all I have is to co,let another 15 or so of my background blocks.
I am attending classes for 2 days at the Maine Quilt Show...I took Timna Tarr’s class yesterday morning and a longarm class with Debby Brown in the afternoon. Today is mostly lectures.

Hi, would have said hi at the quilt show as well if I knew what you looked like. Didn't get into any of the classes I wanted this year, but did wander around at the champagne preview and yesterday. Great show as usual. Have fun with your classes, I always learn so much.

jmoore 07-26-2019 06:11 PM

AnngelAnne sorry I missed you. I would have loved to have met you in person. Hopefully you will have better luck next year with classes. The show is always inspiring and motivational.

AnngelAnne 07-27-2019 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8281550)
AnngelAnne sorry I missed you. I would have loved to have met you in person. Hopefully you will have better luck next year with classes. The show is always inspiring and motivational.

I talked to several people while I was there, who knows, one of them might have been you. The show is always so interesting, and teaches me a lot. Its kind of my mini vacation when I can get the time off work, just wasn't as possible this year. Looking forward to next year.