Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

frustratedquilter40 07-30-2019 04:10 PM

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's quilts they made using this pattern. Hope to see some more .Can't wait for another scrappy sew along :thumbup:

sewbizgirl 07-30-2019 04:11 PM

So pretty, Frustrated. Love the constant black chains.

TheMerkleFamily 07-30-2019 05:25 PM

Super finish on your Irish Chain, frustratedquilter40! I sure like your constant center chain - it really gives the whole quilt a wonderful look. Congrats on making it to the finish line :)

Irishrose2 07-30-2019 07:24 PM

A great finish on your quilt, frustrated. I like the consistent centers. I wish I had done that on mine. It's still on the design wall. It keeps getting pushed aside by quilts and gardens with deadlines.

jmoore 07-31-2019 02:31 AM

Kudos to both WMUTeach and FrustratedQ for wonderful finishes...and posting of photos. I am getting closer to completing the blocks even though I don’t sew much in the summer months, I only have 9 of the background squares to go before I can put them up on my design wall. I love seeing what everyone else’s projects and progress.

frustratedquilter40 07-31-2019 03:54 AM

Thank you everyone for your compliments.

jmoore I know what you mean I do not sew as much in the summer either. Plus I went back to work in January full time after staying home with my youngest for 8 yrs so my sewing time has really suffered . :(

WMUTeach 07-31-2019 09:46 AM

Thank, all for the compliments. I loved making the Irish Chain. As I said previously, it is much easier than it looks. Summer seems to be when I accomplish more or perhaps it is just that I see the piles of UFOs from the winter and I get them all done. :D Quilt on everyone and yes, I would love to do another sew along.

cherrybsixty 08-01-2019 02:16 AM

Frusatrated (Christine) that also is a lovely finish, my hat is off to you.

To all you ladies that have made it to the finish line with your lovely Irish Chains in hand, Bravo!!!

And I like to say that if you do move on and start another sew along I will follow along on that journey with you. Hopefully, I will be a part of that wonderful activities and take the leap at using some of my scraps. I hope that whatever pattern you ladies select that it be as enjoyable to complete as the Irish Chain.

Happy Sewing everyone---Cherryb

thimblebug6000 08-03-2019 06:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to piece my backing and get my quilt sandwiched yesterday, it was such a beautiful day to be crawling around on the deck! [ATTACH=CONFIG]615624[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 08-03-2019 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 8284676)
Managed to piece my backing and get my quilt sandwiched yesterday, it was such a beautiful day to be crawling around on the deck! [ATTACH=CONFIG]615624[/ATTACH]

looks good... i like the border fabric