Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

Jordan 08-03-2019 07:25 AM

It certainly does look like a beautiful sunny day. Your quilt is so pretty and I love the border fabric.

frustratedquilter40 08-04-2019 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 8284676)
Managed to piece my backing and get my quilt sandwiched yesterday, it was such a beautiful day to be crawling around on the deck! [ATTACH=CONFIG]615624[/ATTACH]

Beautiful quilt and what a lovely day to be outside.

jmoore 08-05-2019 02:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thimblebug, what a lovely and relaxing setting in which to sandwich your quilt. Congratulations on being close to finished. surprisingly I found a day to hang out in my sewing studio and got my rows joined, and am now working on the borders. However, it may not get on the LA until fall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615663[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615664[/ATTACH]

frustratedquilter40 08-05-2019 04:44 AM

jmoore beautiful really like the red chain in the center . Mine may not get quilted either for awhile I love to piece more than quilting so I get it quilted by check a lot :p

QuiltnNan 08-05-2019 04:55 AM

yes, the red in the centers really brings it all together, nicely done

juliasb 08-05-2019 05:04 AM

I hope to get back to mine in a couple days. It has been on hold as other quilty projects had had to take priority. I having trouble with my frame and machine and it seems that every time I start to work on it I run into another problem. Right now I am not happy with how it is progressing -:(. So close to finished yet so far from finished. I will be so glad when I resolve the problems with this quilt.
Frustratedquilter and WMUTech your finished quilts are so beautiful. I plan on being there soon.

thimblebug6000 08-05-2019 07:49 AM

jmoore, great job on yours! Yikes, all those little squares in your border....beautiful, but lots of work!

Jordan 08-05-2019 08:42 AM

jmoore-your quilt is really pretty. I like the way you have the red squares all arranged in order.

TheMerkleFamily 08-05-2019 03:37 PM

JMoore - Your quilt has such a happy combination of fabrics that work so well together! I agree with QuiltnNan - your choice of a red center chain pulls it all together very nicely. Have you decided on your quilting motif?

Looking forward to working on my IC project soon! Most of our summer travel has been completed and guests have come and gone which means I should find more time in my sewing room. Plus, while driving home from the beach today I noticed an overall beginning change of color in the leaves.. just a slight change to greenish-yellow but fall will be here before we know it! And that always means much more sewing time is right around the corner!

cherrybsixty 08-05-2019 10:57 PM

Good evening everyone just had to chime-in for a short stay.
Jmoore, as everyone else is stating that red is really making a statement in your IC, beautiful
TheMerkelfamily (Christine), you mentioning of the changing of the seasons is making me want to start my IC now. I've been delaying it because I have so many things going on at this time (late summer) that I'm really trying to slow myself down. Oh well, might as well start

Happy Sewing Everyone--Cherryb