Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/scrappy-irish-chain-sew-along-t304703.html)

LTeachergeorge 09-08-2019 08:52 AM

Cindy, love your hexi flowers !! I'm working on a baby IC, but would like to do a king sized also. SBG, granddaughter and quilt are both beautiful! Love the kites and clouds in the plain blocks.

Linda in Missouri

jmoore 09-09-2019 02:36 AM

SBG, your IC with quilted kites and I spy squares is fun but I bet your grand baby is even more fun...she is precious. Thank you for sharing.

Jordan 09-09-2019 08:10 AM

NZquilter-love the hexi flowers you added to the center squares. It really makes it look so nice and colorful.
Sewbiz-adorable grandbaby and your quilt is so pretty and will be very loved

elly66 09-18-2019 09:47 AM

How cute - quilt and baby sewbizgirl. Love the hexies Cindy. I got the queen size quilt completed and after checking three times two blocks were sewn wrong. What's a girl to do? Still keep me warm sooo. I would have put it up here but four times making it smaller is my limit. Maybe later. :)

Annaquilts 09-24-2019 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 8285329)
Thimblebug, what a lovely and relaxing setting in which to sandwich your quilt. Congratulations on being close to finished. surprisingly I found a day to hang out in my sewing studio and got my rows joined, and am now working on the borders. However, it may not get on the LA until fall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615663[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615664[/ATTACH]

This is an amazing scrappy. I love the red center chain tying it all together.

cherrybsixty 10-05-2019 08:46 AM

Good morning, Scrappy ICers, I hope this thread don't close out before I get a chance to start my IC. I know now what I want to do. One is in the Red and the other in Purple with some hand embroidery blocks that I have finished. Just finishing up a few (6) sandwiched quilts to be quilted. A couple of large scrappy tops that really need to be finished pieced. I always want to get with a project when it's pasted due. I do well with my craft until one of my darling grand-children want one. When I return to my sewing machines I'll see how busy I'll get. I really want to do one of these.

Have a happy Sewing-Day, cherryb

sewbizgirl 10-05-2019 10:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My grandbabies' nanny has been getting some really sweet pics of the babies on their quilts. I can't resist showing my babies again on the IC ISpy picnic quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618169[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618170[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618171[/ATTACH]

Mousie 10-05-2019 11:01 AM

awwwwww! I've been following along (lurking) and eventually
make an IC and a B.Surrounded.
Nothing like cute baby pictures to brighten a day :).

jmoore 10-06-2019 03:27 AM

OMGosh SBG...those babies are adorable. The nanny captures some great moments and I’m amazed at how big they are getting. Thank you for sharing.

TheMerkleFamily 10-06-2019 07:49 PM

Catching up on the IC group here and enjoying your beautiful grand-babies, SBG! I hope the Irish Chain inspiration continues with new participants - I always love to see the different finished quilts :)